“Great place to stay in DC”

Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC/US Capitol
Ranked #82 of 141 Hotels in Washington DC
Reviewed March 4, 2012

This is a new, elegant, very clean hotel just one stop by metro from Union Station. My room was huge and very comfortable, with a great bed that can be adjusted for firmness. The complimentary internet service (both wifi and cable, the latter available in the room) worked well. Soundproofing was not perfect, I could hear every single guest opening and closing their doors (but otherwise the room on the 11th floor was quiet). Almost all staff members were very friendly, although at checkin I had some problems using the Hilton family rate (booked by my sister who works for Hilton)... I had to explain everything to three different teams of receptionists and they didn't really agree with each others' viewpoints concerning the exaxt rules of this rate... but at the end I paid what I was supposed to. I would definitely stay there again and would recommend it to others.

Room Tip: On the upper floors - the restaurant on th 2nd floor seemed to be very popular and it was noisy
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (1,369)

Reviewed February 29, 2012

This is such a nice hotel! Evidently Hilton is reinventing this brand because this new hotel is gorgeous and has a destination chef-driven restaurant inside. My room is huge and quiet as a tomb. The bed has a sleep number dial for firmness, and the work area is better than my office. And the staff is super nice! I travel almost every week and this place is the best surprise I've had in years.

• Stayed: March 2011
Reviewed February 24, 2012

I am very disappointed with Hilton Inn in this regard. I have tried to use my livingsocial voucher that I paid $133 to stay specificically at this hotel, however they have repeatedly told me that there was no availabilty for rooms when using livingsocial coupon. I called other times and got a room booked immediately without any question when I did not mention this voucher. This is a sad day when a company this large is unwilling to honor a deal that they had with the purchaser. Unfortunatly, by next month the coupon will expire without the opportunity to even use it.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank traveler1212123
HGIDC, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC/US Capitol, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2012

Thank you for your comments but I think a can clear this up for you.

The promotion you were looking for was offered at the Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC Capitol, not the Downtown location. Please see the link below:

That is why when you asked for a Living Social discount, none were available because it is not offered but you were able to book at a regular rate. If the agents behind the desk did not know of a Living Social discount, they were not attempting to be unhelpful but they are not aware of the promotions the other hotel may be running.

I hope the helps! I want you to be happy and if you contact me I will work with you to resolve the matter.

Best regards.

Reviewed February 23, 2012

I arrived to find the only parking was $30.00 overnight and valet. Hummm, what did AA Vacations get me into? A wonderful experience the parking valet was polite, through, with the instructions for payment and retrieving my rental car.

My experience with the front desk personnel was world class, since I usually stay in http://www.lhw.com/ properties I know what I am speaking of when it comes to service and professionalism. Whitney and Katrina were both very professional, friendly and informative my entire stay with the hotel.

I had a problem with my HDTV and Keith the on-duty engineer was to the room in less than 5 minutes. He was professional, knowledgeable about the equipment and out of my room in 2 minutes. I usually don't take the time to write reviews but this is a jewel called pearl in NW side of D.C. Thanks folks

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank clbutler152
Reviewed February 22, 2012

I paid $238 a night (plus tax) for a king room with free wifi, free breakfast (Hilton Honors) and a spacious bathroom with a great shower. In comparison to the prices charged in other parts of DC this is amazing value for money. In addition, there's a pool and gym which I didn't use this time so can't add anything.

I was on a business trip and was within walking distance of my office. But I would reckon that the hotel is also well located for the Capitol and all the museums and monuments in that area. And if you're arriving by train it's an easy walk to Union Station.

The other really pleasant, and I've got to say surprising, element of the hotel is how friendly and helpful the staff are.

I'll be back.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Paul M
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Staff were very friendly and helpful. Atmosphere very calm and serene. Rooms and facilities clean. Quiet neighborhood on weekends (during the day). Close to many attractions. Great restaurant/bar on 2nd floor. Night club across the street if you are into clubs. All around one of the best stays in the area for that price range. Wasn't overpriced. Beds were a little firm. Offers Free Wi-Fi in rooms and in lobby, always a plus.

Room Tip: Stayed in the Evolution room (King) basic room pretty big enough space for friends or clients for a...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank EC528
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Our family (my husband, I and our 2 kids) spent a Christmas vacation in this hotel.
We quite enjoyed staying there. The rooms are clean and comfortable. We found a reasonable price on kayak site – around 90$ including all taxes.
There is a big grocery store in the same building that sells prepared food as well.
Metro station is located in 2 minutes walking from hotel, and US capitol is just one metro station from the hotel.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family