“Great tour of DC!”
Review of City Running Tours

City Running Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: City Running Tours offers both guided personalized and group running tours of major cities across the United States, accommodating your needs as both a runner and tourist. Share your love of running with us as we share our city with you!City Running Tours offers both guided personalized and group running tours of major cities across the United States, accommodating your needs as both a runner and tourist. Share your love of running with us as we share our city with you! Don't interrupt your regular training because you are on the road let us take you out on our roads. Our guides are city-wise and will have you back to the hotel on your schedule.
New Windsor, Maryland
“Great tour of DC!”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

The 10k running tour of the mall, the hill, the monument, and the memorial was great! Our guide shared interesting facts about sights while running at a pace that was good for me. She was friendly and personable and made the run enjoyable. Appreciated the photos she took of us.

Visited September 2012

“Awesome way to see DC and workout!”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

This was a great way to see the sights of DC and get your daily run in. The tour guide was knowledgeable and we ran at the pace we chose. Doing this gave us an overview of where things were and we could then follow up on the tour guides recommendation for things to do later in the day. Really really great!

Zeist, Utrecht, Netherlands
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Another great City Running Tour”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

My second guided tour, and once more a perfect experience. My guide picked me up at the hotel right on time. I received my goody bag even two days before at the concierge! (I would not wear a cotton running shirt though, only improvement I can see for now for this Tour). My guide had a perfect pace, and we ran easily next to each other while she was very knowledgable, and sharing snippets of information on the many important DC landmarks. We did a 10M run, in perfect running weather. Best and healthiest way to explore the city.

1 Thank Frans K
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great way to see the city with minimal stress”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

As a Baltimore resident I always say I "should" go to DC more often, but the reality is that the drive is horrendous and parking is problematic. Not so if you're taking a tour at 8am on a Sunday! I encountered no traffic on the drive in, parked one block from Dupont Circle (our starting point), and didn't have to worry about a meter. I was the only person on the tour that morning so I got to set the pace. I had worried that this would be a "running" tour and we'd barely move faster than a walk as people gawked at things and the tour guide talked. That was not a problem. Shuan was friendly and pointed things out as we passed embassy row, the national cathedral, the ritzy boutiques of Georgetown, a favorite ice cream stop, World Bank Offices, the IMP and finally: The White House! My primary goal was to go for a solid 10K run in a new place instead of my usual route and that's exactly what I got. As a bonus, when we got back to Dupont circle there was a lively farmer's market in full swing so I grabbed some fresh fruits and veggies before heading back north. Thanks City Running Tours!

Belgium
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“will run again with city running tours”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

I took a 6 mile run with Sara, covering The Mall. We had a small group of only 3 in total. Really enjoyed seeing a city like this, hearing some nice details that you cannot find in a travel guide. Washington is just a great city for running. Service is easy and simple, you will get email with all details upfront. I liked it so much I did another tour with them in NY a couple of days later.

Visited August 2012