“Don't waste your time or money!!!”

City Sightseeing Washington DC
Ranked #65 of 145 Tours in Washington DC
Anderson, South Carolina
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Don't waste your time or money!!!”
Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

I'm on the bus right now with a bus load of pissed off people. Staff doesn't have a cmue. Bus driver on his phone while driving. Wasted so much time sitting around waiting for the bus to go. NEVER AGAIN!

2 Thank kgrove1

east tn.
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“My top 4 for DC”
Reviewed June 27, 2014

We walked from sixth street to all the major museums/monuments.

1) The lay of the land made it easy to walk, not a lot of hills, so for people with moderate walking ability, it is do-able.

2) Crossing the busy streeet was made easier by the RED hand teliing you, the seconds you have to cross, and most cabs were NOT pushy about crowding the pedestrians.

3) There is a 2 sided map at the major intersections!

4) There are small green areas to stop and sit a moment, and there were not a huge number of homeless people

Visited June 2014
2 Thank ssteinway
Columbus Ohio
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“Take the Metro!”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

An easy way to see a lot of DC and not spend a lot of money is the Metro....it's clean, runs on time, convenient to all attractions.....just remember your etiquette......stand to the right so those in a hurry can walk to the left...they will appreciate it. People are very helpful, too......I couldn't figure out why my metro card wouldn't work....a kind gentleman pointed out that I was using the "out", instead of "in" slot......hey, I'm from the country, I ride horses to work, what do I know? People on the street are helpful too....if we looked the least confused....I think the map gave us away...they will ask if you need help. Nice city, nice people.

Visited June 2014
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Very nice”
Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

We have had a wonderful time here . The sights, the history is awe inspiring. The sights all easy to get to. The routes well marked.

2 Thank v4510
PA
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Bike It”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Always wanted to try it but always concerned about the logistics. But did a bit of research and finally went down with my 13 year old. By car. On Memorial Day. Turned out to be one of the best, hassle free times i ever had.

Parked at the East Potomac Park. Free parking all day with plenty of spots. Nice 3 mile ride around the island, then a short hop over to jefferson memorial before we hit the mall and back. Ive been to DC several times, by car and metro. Parking was always a hassle and the metro - nice if by yourself but not with a couple of bikes and kids. And then once you get there walking around takes time and wears you out trying to see everything. But even on memorial day we saw everything we wanted to include the parade, entire mall, etc and had a great time. Very bike friendly area.

Visited May 2014