“Friendly Hostel!”

International House of Washington
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

I loved stay in this hostel. Friendly people, great localization and price. Nice and clean room, breakfast, wifi and phone avaible!
I reserved a room with bathroom and was very good.
The hostel was good to meet friends of world
Thanks for everything!!!

1  Thank mtvasques
There are newer reviews for International House of Washington

Reviewed June 24, 2013

As I was traveling alone to DC for four nights, I needed to connect to some other people who would be open to experience the city with me. As I had the intention to see all the sites in three days, I was very happy to meet two others during breakfast, one English and one American, who were willing to keep up with my quick pace and high speed of information consumption. The American guy was a teacher and was able to tell me all the important things you need to know, and more, about America and DC. The hostel also provided all the tourist information I needed and more if I stayed longer and took more time. Many nationalities and friendly people. Making new friends was easy, and as the hostel has good access to wifi, I have facebook to keep it that way. I slept quite nice, the american breakfast I am not a fan of so the supermarket around the corner provided me ideally. The price is good for the location. Also safety procedures where in order (fire escape at every window). AC, also important, made some noise however not enough to keep me awake. The manager was interested in the people who visited, so I felt more at home than in a random hotel. I would advise this to anyone who needs a limited expense stay at a good located hostel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 4, 2013 via mobile

The bing map on this site shows the wrong place. If you copy past the address onto google maps you get the correct location (under a different name).
Know the location before you go as there is very few indication from the outside.
They have a backyard that is good to park exactly 1 car and it is paying. You need the owner to unlock the gate every time you move the car.
Cash only. (Is this even a legit business?)
has a nice home like feeling
Location is ok.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed October 12, 2011

the room great, with spacious lockers where two big luggage fit easily, the bath great, the place great, the people INCREDIBLE.

i had a serious problem and they helped me as real friends!
and this was AFTER my stayed....

absolutely selfless help from all the staff.

RON, an outstanding person.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank JFDBsAs
Reviewed September 6, 2011

I really enjoyed my stay here. It is within easy walking distance of all of the major sights; however, there is a nearby metro station should you want to use that. There are also a couple of bikeshare racks nearby as well.

From the outside the place looks a little worn; however, after entering you will encounter a fun, friendly, and knowledgeable staff that takes all effort to make you comfortable.

Thank you to Ron and Greg for organizing events and giving advice as to what sights to see and when to see them.

On the downside the continental breakfast is very spartan. Toast and Tang.

Stay here hostel goers. Great value!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 24, 2011

Me and my two friends we're travelling down the East coast from England and we stopped here for 3 nights whilst in Washington DC!
Great location, can walk everywhere which was a bonus as we were on a bit of a budget!
It was a lovely hostel, friendly atmosphere and had everything you could need! after what felt like an age on a bus we were glad to have a nice shower!!
We we're also around when the Fringe Festival was on and we saw (by recommendation) a comedy show which was a great memory to have from Washington!
I'd also like to mention Greg, we arrived a bit bewildered from New York and he helped us soooo much with a problem we had from our previous hostel, he was so nice and made sure we had an enjoyable stay so THANK YOU! :)

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 22, 2011

The hostel has a private ensuite room but the noisy is terrible at night. Across the street is a music playing venue that goes on all night and if it rains, the rain makes a drumming noise against the A/C unit in the room.

The bathroom has a small sink and bathtub, as well as an unpleasant smell emitting from those aroma wall plug.

There is access to 2 kitchens and a washing/dryer machine.
The distance to attractions is a short walk and there is a convenience store about 3 mins away from the hostel.

If noise is not an issue, then it's a perfect stay. The price is affordable, there is free coffee, free internet and phone calls, and they have helpful staff on site.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo