“Pretty good food in a relaxed atmosphere”
Review of P.J. Clarke's DC

P.J. Clarke's DC
Reserve with OpenTable
P.J. Clarke's DC is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #262 of 3,463 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 16th / K Street NW
Transit: Farragut North / Farragut West / McPhearson
Description: K Street, the road to the White House, is also the proud home to P.J. Clarke’s—the storied American Saloon with a history that dates back to the late 1800s. The original P.J. Clarke’s in Manhattan has stood beneath rows of skyscrapers for nearly 130 years, collecting famous and infamous regulars. Appreciated for the convivial ambiance and classic fare, P.J. Clarke’s is the quintessential American Saloon. In our nation’s capitol, the story continues as oak and mosaic floors, red leather banquets and walls lined with eccentric portraits and nostalgic photos contribute to a reassuring familiarity that is classic P.J.s, but also construe a distinct Washington sensibility. Seasoned bartenders make favorite classic cocktails the right way; dexterous shuckers ply the freshest shellfish at a marble topped Raw Bar; and the old-school, convivial dining room welcomes government A-listers, students and their families and visitors to our capitol.
Reviewed February 7, 2013

It's a family friendly restaurant in a very business-oriented area of DC. We took our kids and they had burger sliders and chicken strips. The chicken strips were over done so we had to ask for that order to be redone. The selection was not that great for children. I ordered the Gulf Shrimp and Grits. It was pretty good. The shrimp were a hearty size, and there was some sort of gravy over the dish that was just ok. My first choice was the fish tacos, but the server steered me away from them saying that they were not very good. My husband ordered a burger. For dessert we had a piece of pie. All and all the meal was satisfying. It was a little pricey but that is to be expected from its location.

1  Thank Angie B

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Family of four went for dinner. Friendly casual dinner, on the expensive side, like most of DC. The service and tap beers were excellent.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

I got a prime dry aged NY Strip that was pretty good. The rest of my party was also impressed with their dishes which ranged from selections from the raw bar to fish.

Service was prompt. Our beers were also refilled quite quickly. I'm a bit of a beer snob, so I was dissapointed with their overall beer selection. They did have a few notable craft selections though. I did like the Flying Dog and the Star Hill IPA's they had.

My buddies were a little dissapointed in the prices, but they really weren't too bad for being in the heart of DC.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

This is your basic steak house - very expensive meat and everything else is ala carte. Noisy, crowded and expensive - I'm not sure what the appeal is.

The service was fine though.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

we were staying across the street at a hotel and ended coming here almost every night since they were always open and they are quite good and serve almost everu kind of food and drinks , service is qute attentive and make you feel at home . kids friendly too