“Loved this place”

Thunder Burger & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Thunder Burger & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #95 of 3,257 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 31st St
Transit: Thunder Burger is located approximately .75 miles from both the Foggy Bottom and Rosslyn Metro stations. The Georgetown Metro Connect, the Circulator Bus and the "30"s" Metrobuses all stop within 1/2 block of the restaurant, in front of the Georgetown Barnes & Noble (east-bound) or at the corner of M and 31st St (west-bound).
London, United Kingdom
“Loved this place”
Reviewed November 9, 2012

We were only in DC for 3 days, and I think we visited Thunder Burger & Bar everyday - mostly to make the most of their amazing happy hour, and great selection of beers. We did eat here one day and had huge, tasty bugers. Great place - and good location if you're staying in Georgetown

• Visited September 2012

• Hungarian first
Boston
“Burgers for Brunch on Saturday”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

We stopped here on our walk up M street. The Brunch Menu looks great and the food is high quality. I ordered a Burger with mushrooms and My wife got a turkey Burger. My burger was very good high quality grass fed beef, cooked perfectly and it was tasty, but the bun had no substance and soon fell apart. The Turkey Burger was amazing, herbed and nutty flavored. Bloodys are excellent even though the bartender had the personality of a house cat.

Miller Place, New York
“Excellent burger, super location, cool atmosphere and decor”
Reviewed October 27, 2012

We headed to Georgetown after a 10 mile run with a craving for BEEF! We walked around town a bit and spotted Thunder Burger & Bar. The menu, posted out front, sounded very appealing, there was a lively crowd, and the atmosphere looked like a cool combination of funk and art. We were seated in the rear dining area which had a very homey feel. Our waiter, Dimitri, was very nice and helpful with both drink and menu selections. There was a plentiful beer selection and the suggested cocktail (Jalisco Sunrise) was delicious too. We started with the hot spinach and artichoke dip and both loved it. My husband had the Showdown at the Border burger and said it was very good. I had the Love Me Tender and thought the Kobe beef was excellent and the Tillamook sharp white cheddar was a perfect topping along with the tomato and remoulade. Mmmmm, I'm getting hungry just writing about it. The french fries were really tasty too. We had an added bonus of going during Happy Hour when our appetizer and beers were half price. This was a great choice and an excellent deal!

Brighton, Michigan
“Good find!!”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Staying in the Foggy Bottom / Georgetown area for business, I was looking for some place to have a burger or steak, but nothing too upscale. I happened to "stumble" upon the Thunder Burger and Bar in the midst of a lot of dining options!

The establishment itself has very good atmoshpere, with some plaster and what appears to be original brick interior walls. The aisleways were tight and narrow, but there was decent amount of room to sit. I visited at about 6:30 on a Monday night, and was seated immedately. Ashton, my server, was very friendly, and service was quick throughout the meal.

The menu for both burgers and beer was very unique, and had some intriguing options. I opted for a microbrew, and a bison burger (I think the name was "Buffalo Stomp". There were several "signautre" burgers, and a "Build your burger" option.

The burger and side of fries was very appealing when delivered, with a side of home-made ketchup (remoulade??). My burger was topped with bacon, grilled onions, and gorgonzola cheese. The taste was excellent, although a bit dry; I chalk that up to me ordering a medium well burger (typical for me for beef); bison is a leaner meat, so probably would have been better and moister if I ordered "medium". Other than that, the burger was excellent.

Overall, an excellent meal. The prices are a bit high, but this is in the heart of Georgetown, so I wouldn't expect anything different, and I don't think it was out of the ordinary. I will definitely be back if in the area!

scottsdale
“Food good, service slow”
Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

Had a good salad
Burger not hot when served and fries limp
Service slow