“Great to relax and listen to Jazz Music”

JoJo Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #175 of 3,482 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 15th St NW & U St NW
Transit: Green/Yellow Line, U Street Metro, 13th St. exit
Description: True to the Spirit of U Street, JoJo Restaurant and Bar works hard to provide the ambiance and sound that blends the nostalgia of the early 1920s with a contemporary flair. Flavorful cuisine and nightly live music set the tone, and provide the adventure seeker with a refreshing escape from the mundane and monotonous. At JoJo, we invite you to shut out the world and its cares.
Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Nice cozy place, great service, very friendly. Live Jazz Music! Great drinks and all very reasonably priced! Super atmosphere!

Reviewed June 30, 2014

We were a party of 12 women and 1 man. We ate a variety of meals. I had
STEAK AU POIVRE

Black Peppercorn Flat Iron Angus Steak and Creamy Mushroom Sauce, with Garlic Spinach and Herb Roasted Potatoes and so did my friend. With drinks and our meal the check was $79.82. Not bad considering that is with tax and automatic $20 gratuity. The food was excellent. The waiter separated our checks with no hassle what so ever! Would eat here again!

2  Thank TinaTomHoy
Reviewed June 24, 2014

My wife and I went here to celebrate her birthday while visiting D.C. Really nice neighborhood restaurant. Lively atmosphere and great music performed by the jazz group. I ordered the Drunken Angus Steak, which was tender and flavorful. My wife loved the crab cakes. The server was very personable and also made sure to have a cake brought out in celebration of my wife's birthday. The place has such a great vibe that we didn't want to leave. A really great place to dine, especially for couples.

Reviewed June 24, 2014

I recently visited JoJos while in DC and was highly impressed. Its very small but the food was good and the atmosphere was great. The live band made the evening even better. This is a spot I will definitely visit on my next DC trip.

Reviewed May 29, 2014

This is the kind of place you don't want to tell everyone about to keep as exclusive as it is. However, you know you have to. I found JoJo on the first week of January and it was glorious, fantastic bar tenders, well priced drinks, magical atmosphere. I went back again in May and was lucky enough to catch a little jazz band playing classics. Same vibe, tight corridor, bit of a basement door tough to find if you're just walking by and not looking for it. Quiet, friendly crowd, great music and fantastic drinks. You can't miss it if you're going to DC.