“Great place for fun in DC!”
Review of The Capital Grille

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 6th Street
Transit: National Archives Metro Stop
Description: You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service. Located on the corner of 6th and Pennsylvania.
Reviewed April 13, 2016

We stopped in looking for a place to mingle with the locals. We were looking for food to go with a few cocktails. The food we had was very good, but not a place to go sit down and enjoy a quiet meal. Great place to watch a game, have a few drinks and some finger food. Cannot go wrong with the sliders! While we were there one of the beer companies was giving away free beer and other giveaways. Super fun place!

Date of visit: April 2016
Write a reviewReviews (2,091)

Reviewed April 12, 2016 via mobile

I can't help it- even though I usually hate chain restaurants there is something different about The Capital Grille that I absolutely love. I have tried so many different locations of this restaurant and when I was at this location on Saturday for lunch it was the same- absolutely amazing! The Stoli Doli (their signature cocktail) I started with was heavenly (as always). My husband wanted to stick to beer so I just ordered a glass of wine it it was absolutely perfect to go along with the AMAZING cheeseburger and truffle fries I had. His lobster roll was delicious too! We finished with the coconut cream pie which was to die for. I usually hate chain restaurants as I said before, but there is something so nice about going into The Capitol Grille and knowing that you're about to have an amazing meal!

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed April 11, 2016

Another chain restaurant with large meals, overly enthusiastic wait staff who describe their chain restaurant as if it were something original or an institution, and high prices. You can do so much better. Granted, if you want a really large steak, want to pay a lot for it, and want to sit among the expense account set, this is for you.

Date of visit: January 2016
1  Thank rowingman
Reviewed April 9, 2016

On my last night visiting my beautiful daughter, who works at Nat Geo, we decided to treat ourselves at the very highly regarded Capital Grille. Our experience exceeded both of our expectations.
1. Ask to be seated in the intimate Wine Room. Maybe ten tables and a warm atmosphere where the acoustics are perfect.
2. Ask to be seated where LC presides. Not only has she been a server for 12 years but she offered us dining suggestions not obvious from the menu selections. Also, LC is very knowledgeable about their wine list and wine and food pairings. All of us agreed that Pinot noir would be a good choice so LC and I discussed the options. Sonoma County Russian River Valley was our focus and we chose a 2012 Pillow Rd. Vineyard which was perfect. LC was the perfect server and was warm, gracious, knowledgeable and professional.
3. We were in the mood for steaks. Mine was a 22 ounce bone-in rib eye with a Kona coffee rub. The rub was suggested by LC and provided the perfect flavor and texture. My daughter carried half of the steak back to her fridge as 22 ounces is a bit much for an old man. Her fillet mignon was perfect and we chose sides of freshly creamed spinach and au gratin potatoes. Sadly the spinach was only warm but we did not ask to have it sent back.
4.We shared a crab/lobster cake for appetizer and it was as good as it gets.
Even though this restaurant is part of a chain, the greeter, bussers, manager and server were at the tops of their game.
The wine was about $80 and the entire meal for two was close to $300. It was very much worth it.
Remember LC in the wine room.

Date of visit: March 2016
1  Thank winegrower
Reviewed April 6, 2016

Large group of family out sight seeing, restaurant could not have been more accommodating. Service was excellent and the food first rate. Made our day!

Date of visit: January 2016