“It's a classic.”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 6th Street
Transit: National Archives Metro Stop
Description: You are cordially invited to join us for an evening or afternoon of relaxed elegance and exceptional cuisine. Our impressive menu of nationally renowned dry aged steaks and the freshest of seafood will ignite your culinary imagination as our award-winning wine list of more than 5,000 bottles awakens your inner sommelier. And as our gracious, knowledgeable servers delight you with their uncanny ability to anticipate your every need, you’ll experience firsthand why the American Culinary Federation recently bestowed upon us their “Achievement of Excellence Award.” Whether you’re celebrating a special occasion or hosting a business luncheon or dinner, we can help you flawlessly pull off any private dining event. Our event planning staff has extensive experience and the ideal materials to work with—a capital setting, distinctive food and unmatched service. Located on the corner of 6th and Pennsylvania.
Reviewed February 2, 2016

Is it worth the money? No. This is one of those expense account places for me. I like it but would never go if the bill was getting paid out of my pocket.

Date of visit: February 2016
3  Thank Bam C
Write a reviewReviews (2,091)

996 - 1,000 of 2,091 reviews

Reviewed February 1, 2016

Great dinner; great atmosphere!

Was it expensive? Sure! But it was on-par with every other nice restaurant I've ever been to, and the food and service were great! I love seeing the reviews where people have the nerve to complain about the price. Go to Denny's!

The porterhouse was perfectly cooked, and was very tasty. I know, I know...the steak purists are going to hate, as a good steak should stand by itself, but I really would have enjoyed a bernaise sauce or such. It was delicious on its own, without a doubt, but a sauce would have put it over the top.

The asparagus was good, and the bacon mac n' cheese (I can't eat lobster....boo!) was delicious as well. On par with what I've had had other top steakhouses.

The complimentary tasting of Stoli Doli was a nice touch, though I opted for several other drinks. The margaritas and champagne one with the raspberry floating on top were awesome.

They were also very accommodating, when we were over an hour late for our reservation, due to service/construction on the Metro Silver Line. Our server, Kylie (you can't miss her...she's the very pretty ridiculously-tall girl!), was phenomenal, and very attentive. Her recommendations were spot-on, and she knew the menu forward and backward.

Dinner for two set me back $305, but that's normal for such a meal.

Date of visit: January 2016
2  Thank 68bryanw
Reviewed January 31, 2016

Always have a great time at Capital Grille. Great food, service and times! A bit pretentious, but overall a great restaurant.

Date of visit: December 2015
Reviewed January 28, 2016

Maybe it was because of SnowZilla but Capital Grille has really gone downhill. The waiter continually interrupted our conversations every 2 minutes & could not even properly wrap a doggy bag without it leaking everywhere. Food was not up to par nor were the selections good for restaurant week. Will not be going back

Date of visit: January 2016
1  Thank Lori2013
Reviewed January 22, 2016

Always something on the menu for everyone, even the picky eaters can find something. A great DC atmsosphere too!

Date of visit: June 2015