“Will return just to stay here again!”

Asante Sana Guest Quarters
Ranked #33 of 35 Washington DC B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 26, 2014

I would return to Washing D.C. just to be able to stay here! The location is fantastic, walking distance to many awesome restaurants and stores, and the night life on U street is so much fun. Getting down to the national mall was just a matter for getting on a bus. The room was so clean and comfortable, and the owner is extremely nice. I highly recommend staying here rather than a chain hotel. It was a great place to relax! I will come back again!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank María M

Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

This was our 2nd stay and we enjoyed it as much as the 1st time. We booked originally for the location and price and came back for that and the atmosphere. Our daughter lives near by in a very small apartment, so we hosted her here in the lovely living and dining rooms. At times, it feels like you are the only one in the home. The parking is a plus for this location but tight. We walked from the Metro our 1st visit and utilized the parking this second time. The facilities are clean and functional. We have met Sheila and her husband, the owners, but I actually liked not having the owners underfoot when I was puttering around the house.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Noble81
Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

We were extremly glad to Be able to arrive at the time of our choice with their flexible check in. We loved the Christmas décoration.
We felt like we were going back home. We had the house for us That night, it was pleasant.
The bathroom was clean Even if it was very small And remote from our room. We had a pb with Its access code And couldnt use it during the night. So That was annoying but on the overall we liked our experience.
A breakfast would have also been appreciated for the price.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We were fortunate to find a location a block from our son's apartment for our Veterans Day weekend in D.C. Meeting and talking with Sheila when we arrived was a wonderful way to start things off and we thoroughly enjoyed our four nights in the Asian Room. For us, the age of the building was a big plus, as it took us back to some wonderful memories of old hotels and inns where we stayed when we traveled during our time overseas with the DoD Dependents Schools. This is a place for those who can appreciate quaint surroundings and a sense of history in seeing what Washington D.C. may have been like years ago. We look forward to staying in the Asante Sana again in the future.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank WENDYandBOB
Reviewed October 9, 2013 via mobile

This was a great find. Clean, comfortable, awesome location and great price! I love the proximity to the"hip" local scene. Diverse neighborhood with eclectic music and food.

The accommodations are wonderful. This is a charming B and B. The home is inviting and exactly as advertised. I stayed in the Web Dubois suite and it was cozy and inviting.

To the reviewers that stated the dampness and mustiness, I seriously question that! There is limited carpeting, so I seriously question the carpet stains. All rooms are hardwood with nice throw rugs. The stairs are carpeted and is clean. I also question the parking comment! Before my arrival, I received an email informing of the location of the free parking in the rear alley and caution of parking on Kenyon. The proprietor made everything easy and went out of her to inform me of parking, location, laundry facilities, etc.

Loved my stay in DC and highly recommend the Asante Sana!

• Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank MarJMar
Reviewed August 21, 2013

My mother, daughter and I very much enjoyed our stay at the WEB DuBois room at the Asante Sana Guest House. The room was clean and big enough for the three of us. The owner was accommodating and helpful and we were glad to be able to find a room close to my aunt. We used the kitchen and dining room every day to make and eat breakfast and found it very easy.

If you are looking for a modern impersonal hotel, Asante Sana is not for you. If you are looking for a comfortable and affordable place, it is just right.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank rs536
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I had never stayed in a B&B before and I was pleasantly surprised. It was perfect for what I needed. It is close to great food, the metro and the hospital. The home is beautiful and the two kitchens are a huge plus! The best thing is the free parking in the back of the house!!! I have told my family about this place and I will absolutely be visiting here again!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family