“Variety of Chocolate and Fun Tour”

DC Metro Chocolate Tours - Private Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: We offer three different DC neighborhood chocolate tours each Saturday and Sunday! Serving up the perfect blend of DC history and chocolate treats, all of our neighborhood chocolate tours delight both DC locals and visitors alike! No matter how much you already know about DC and love chocolate, you'll appreciate them even more after this unique experience!
Reviewed October 19, 2013

My husband got the tour for me as a birthday present. I love chocolate, so it was a fun gift. There was a wide variety of kinds of chocolate and food items including sweet, spicy, and mild items. It was just the two of us, so we actually had the tour owner as our guide. She took us to a market where we were able to have an in-depth conversation with one of the chocolatiers. At the end, we did have to rush a bit, as our guide was exploring a new route for the change in seasons. Overall, we left with a great impression and would recommend it.

2  Thank vandeler

Reviewed September 22, 2013

We enjoyed the tour even though it rained. The guide was great, knowledgeable, lots of energy! The chocolate was unbelievable. Bought more! Must be able to walk and keep up with the group. Would do it again!

2  Thank Pyramid58
Reviewed March 5, 2012

My wife and I went to this tour on a Sunday morning in January. We visited 6 - 7 chocolate related venues. It was creative and a well planned itinerary. Our tour guide was enthusiastic and very knowledgeable with diagrams and historical facts about chocolate. Having been on similar walking tours, this had many twists and turns that I can't believe exist in Georgetown.

From Sprinkles, LUSH, and to a boutique chocolatier, it was pleasure for the four senses as we tried chocolate cupcakes, chocolate-based soaps and lotions, and drank chocolate of different cocoa levels, respectively at these venues. I already feel that I'm revealing too much of the surprises, but there was one particularly that we enjoyed that we'll leave for you to experience and be pleasantly surprised to visit in the Heart of Georgetown. Hint: think of Christopher Columbus.

With both of our families coming from out of town, this tour along with other Washington, DC landmarks will be part of our must-sees in the city. We highly recommend it! My wife tells me I am hard to please, but DC Chocolate Tours somehow pleased my Sunday morning.

5  Thank LeoM1011
Reviewed February 18, 2012

I bought my wife this tour for Christmas and they cancelled on us twice. The second time they didn't even call or email to tell us. They just left us stranded on a DC street corner with no apology and no refund!

6  Thank 4ontheroadMD
See more reviews
Reviewed October 20, 2011

Great way to spend a Saturday afternoon! We took the U Street tour for a friend's birthday. We took a 2 and a half hour stroll through beautifull neighborhood, made 6 stops for chocolate, got a little local history, some chocolate history, and yummy chocolate treats. It was fab! I highly recommend it for the "been there, done that" crowd, and anyone looking for something a little different. We started at Artfully chocolate on 14th where we were treated to pumpkin spiced hot chocolate, meandered up 13th to where Duke Ellington lived, stopped at a little french bistro for mousse, wandered down U street to CakeLove for their excellent cupcakes, stopped at a Japanese market and discussed how different cultures market chocolate, enjoyed truffles and a discussion with the owner at Locolat, and ended at CoCoVa on 18th for a really interesting presentation on the history of chocolate and a tasting lesson. Awesome afternoon!

1  Thank ticket&passport