“15 tastes of Cuba”

Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #77 of 3,367 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Caribbean, Cuban, Latin
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Corner of 9th & H Streets
Transit: Two Blocks away from Chinatown Metro Stop (Red, Yellow, Green Lines). Four Blocks from Metro Center Stop (Orange & Blue Lines)
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Very good Cuban restaurant near the Convention Center.
Try the plentiful "15 tastes of Cuba" menu if you don't feel like choosing.
Food was very good to excellent.
Beware that the place is quite noisy, not appropriate for having a quiet conversation.
Service was fast and helpful. Price was reasonable.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

We stopped at this restaurant on the recommendation of a friend and it blew our minds! As soon as you walk in, you are submerged into the Cuban culture. The food is amazing and the mojitos are some of the best I have ever had. We had dinner at the bar at 7 and stayed until it turned into a dance club! So much fun! We danced until the wee hours! This place is a gem, and just a block away from our hotel and the Conference center! Couldn't rave more about this place! Just a little tip though, if you want to eat at a table, get a reservation. We didn't have one, but had no problem getting a seat at the bar, where they serve their full menu!

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Stopped in Cuba while walking back to my hotel from a day spent at the museums. I guess Dave (bar tender) noticed I was needing some liquids STAT! He recommended and whipped up an amazing guava mojito, never let my water glass go empty, and recommended some delicious tapas to transform me from thirsty and cranky to tipsy, happy and full! Being a big rum drinker I'm dying to go back and do some tastings as they have a million different types. The food was authentic cuban cuisine, served up with style and freshness! The bar tender made it a point to remember my name which is becoming a lost art. Nicely done fellas. Its obvious the owners put some hear and soul into this place and it shows. Keep it up, I'll be back!

Reviewed April 24, 2013

We went to Cuba Libre for Brunch and tried everything on the menu with their all you can eat deal. It was certainly a good option, with this deal you get to sample all you want from their entire menu.

We made reservations but it wasn't really necessary, the place was not really crowded which was surprising to me since the ambiance and good were really good.

Reviewed April 20, 2013

You got to try their beef empanadas. They are perfect. I had the “Tour of Havana” for dinner. The sandwich was huge and tasted great and the black bean soup was the best I ever had. Don’t tell Mom.