“I'll defenitely go back!”

Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #83 of 3,283 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Caribbean, Cuban, Latin
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Corner of 9th & H Streets
Transit: Two Blocks away from Chinatown Metro Stop (Red, Yellow, Green Lines). Four Blocks from Metro Center Stop (Orange & Blue Lines)
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Excellent food, great atmosphere (I wanted to book a vacation to Cuba after that night) our server LaShondra just made us feel like she invited us in her home, the service was warm and excellent. we didn't have a réservation, the place was packed and the host worked realy hard to find us a table. The only thing I would have appreciated was a good local bref on tap...

There are newer reviews for Cuba Libre Restaurant & Rum Bar

Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

Nice place, wasn't too crowded on a Friday night, food was great, service was excellent. Got the ropa vieja

Reviewed March 1, 2013

We went to Cuba Libre during the restaurant week, and the place was pretty full and loud, but we were seated in a reasonably quiet spot and were not really bothered by the noise. The decor is designed to look like a plaza in a old south american village - whether it's Cuba or somewhere else I can't tell, but definitely has a latin, homey feel to it. Our server was very attentive, knowledgeable and friendly and dealt with my food allergies. We started with a basket of Cuban bread with flavored butter, so yummy ! My husband and I shared the 2 appetizers, 1 entree and dessert dish per person and we both agree that this was really nice food indeed. I do not know what "real" Cuban food is, but we were very satisfied with the unusual flavors and combinations we were offered. Only the desserts were just so-so, but at this point we were so full that it did not really matter. And they have an extensive menu for rum-based cocktails, plus more than a 100 different rums (light and dark and every flavor in-between) to be tasted. They are not exactly cheap, but that's still decent for good aged rums...and good aged rums they have !!! We will definitely go back.

Reviewed February 27, 2013

I love the food here! And they have about 12 kinds of mojitos, all of which are perfectly yummy. The fried bread they bring you for the table is so good I could just eat that instead of a meal.

If you eat at the bar on a Friday or Saturday night, though, they will rush you out because they take the bar stools out to make room for dancing. Wish we had known this before we sat at the bar.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

This restaurant offers a variety of interesting options for brunch - come with friends and order for the table. Servings are small but economical - it really is a tapas brunch. Try the cafe con leche with coconut milk - but ask the server to be sure it is HOT. Ours was a bit tepid in tempurature but tasty. Yucca fries and roja vieto (might be spelled differently?) were well received by the group. Ask for a basket of Cuban bread with flavored butter - it is toasted, slightly sweet and delicious.