“Great service and food”

Mad Hatter
Ranked #850 of 3,463 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: It was nearby the Dupont Cirlce subway stop.
Reviewed May 13, 2014

Friends and I happened upon this bar/restaurant while walking downtown. We sat outside and had an excellent dining experience! I ordered a halibut entrée..my friends ordered fish/chips, fish taco and a burger. While the food for the latter 3 was rather typical bar food, I had a excellent meal. The service was beyond expectation as was the wait staff sense of humor!

I would recommend this restaurant! We will return to check out other entrees!

Reviewed February 1, 2014

Me and my wife, ended up here to watch a basketball game and have a bite to eat. We had previously had brunch here with some friends so I knew the food would be a step above normal bar food. It is primarily a restaurant with a bar going down one side showing sports. The drinks call and well were good. I will note that the men's restroom is a bit strange, one door has a toilet and 3 urinals behind a single door.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

This was our first visit but won't be the last. The restaurant is lovely and I loved the Alice In Wonderland theme, the waiter was first class and very efficient, the food was yummy. They didn't have one of the desserts we ordered so they kindly gave us a free portion of one of the other desserts. We would definitely recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank Zena36
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I found Mad Hatter on a list of champagne brunches in the DC area. Mad Hatter offers $10 unlimited champagne and $12 unlimited mimosas.

My friend and I both ordered the Eggs Chesapeake–two poached eggs with lump crab meat atop an English muffin, with hollandaise sauce and home fries. ($16) The crab meat was delicious but the rest of the dish was generic. The potatoes smelled amazing coming out of the kitchen but were disappointing in taste and texture.

The mimosas were more orange juice than champagne. If I were to re-do the brunch, I would have gone with the unlimited champagne choice.

The decor was cute and featured several Alice in Wonderland pieces. The service was friendly and attentive.

Overall, it was a generic brunch and with all the choices in DC I don't think I will be returning to explore the rest of Mad Hatter's menu.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

The location was great (near Dupont Circle), our waiter Dean was friendly, the wine was good, but the steak not so much.