“Poor management makes this place a no go!!!!”
Review of Mad Hatter

Mad Hatter
Ranked #856 of 3,441 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: It was nearby the Dupont Cirlce subway stop.
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Recently I went here for drinks with friends to celebrate our graduation. Our waiter was fantastic but the manager needs a new job! They were to split our bill and they couldn't handle that although we had done the work for them. The manager was extremely rude to everyone in our party and we do not plan to go there again. And he can be assured we will tell all of our friends that this is not a place to go for anything especially a celebration of accomplishments. Although our waiter was very apologetic; management is poor! Go elsewhere!

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Interesting concept. The wait staff were nice enough once you were in but the guy outside checking IDs was not very nice. I guess that's his job but I'm properly 30 and it says so on the photo ID I gave him so there's really no need to demand a passport and look like I'm trying to sneak in when I can't produce one. And the fact that proper children are dining inside makes it even stranger that we were subject to such treatment at the door.

The food was so-so, I had the crabcake burger which sounded interesting but was too salty for my taste and the sweet potato fries were not very crispy nor flavoured particularly well.

Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Its stuffy, the girls are prissy, the guys are dbags, and everyone looks like they came out of a Ralph Lauren magazine. This really doesnt fit the environment: dirty, dark, small, bad liquor. It reminds me of a frat party, which was really fun in college but I'm 25 and can't appreciate this place.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

We read some online reviews and decided to give this place a chance. Bad decision. It started when the staff wouldn't answer the phone when we called about our reservation. Then when we arrived and were seated, the waiter gave us a head's up that he was over-extended (we should have taken the cue and left). The silverware was dirty. The tortilla chips with an appetizer were pure rubber. I don't like them elastic, but that's me. Just an absolutely mediocre dining experience. Props to the waiter for hustling and empathy--we did appreciate that. It wasn't his fault, but the place didn't have its act together and it was a second rate experience. Too many good brunch options in DC to ever go to this place again.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Weekend brunch at Mad Hatter is a staple of my visits to D.C. You simply can't complain about $8 unlimited Champagne or $10 for Mimosas, then when you pair that with what I can only say is the best french toast I've ever had you've got a winner.