“The Stadium”

Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Logan Circle/ Shaw
Cross street: between N Church St & N P St
Reviewed February 17, 2014

After a long week at work a co-worker and I decided to go enjoy a happy hour. Estadio is a contemporary Spanish restaurant located in the Logan Circle neighborhood. The menu offers a more creative take on traditional Spanish cuisine. The pintxos, or “little bites”, is complimented by an approachable wine list. I for one have come to enjoy the tapas style of dining as I am able to try so much of the menu.

For information & pictures please see my blog post...

There are newer reviews for Estadio

Reviewed February 10, 2014

We were intrigued by all the great reviews, but I do not think it lives up to this high of praise. Don't get me wrong, it's a really cool restaurant set in an interesting neighbourhood, but it seems to be all about moving people in and out. Maybe Saturday night is not the night to try it out as it was packed with people milling about eyeing tables.
The food comes out way to fast, they don't give you a chance to really enjoy tapas properly, one dish, a little wine, then order another dish, more wine, repeat.
The portion sizes are a little too large, smaller portions spaced out we would have tried more dishes.
The server did not seem all that familiar with the menu and I think the problem there is the different menus. They have a regular menu with the beverage list, then a vegan, veggie, gluten one with no beverages on it. Combine them denoting the different styles, don't single out customers.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

Went on a mid week evening and the restaurant was crowded. We (2) agreed to share a table for six with three others, european style. The menu was varied and the food excellent, as well as the service. Interesting interior arrangement with a handful of tables looking in on the kitchen, a huge bar, with food service as well, where singles could socialize with an attractive listener, and sit down tables around the perimeter. Reservations are only until 6 PM we were told. I would recommend to anyone who likes tapas and would even prefer it to Jaleo since the atmosphere is more casual and the waiters not trying to push you out the door to clear the table.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

A good friend of mine that regularly visits Spain told me of a fantastic restaurant that tastes the same as being in Barcelona. I didn't believe him until I dined at Estadio. Estadio is in the up and coming 14th Street NW area and I couldn't believe how busy they were. They take reservations at 5:00, 5:30, and 6:00 ONLY!

We didn't know that an d lucked out when there was a no show so we only had to wait about 15 minutes. Base don the crowd, many people waited a lot longer, so call in a reservation, or be ready for a meal worth waiting for.

I recommend the meats and cheeses, as well as the water crest salad, and the braised short ribs. The ribs are fork-tender and are served on a delicious made form scratch puree potatoes, and a touch of their table bread.

The wine selection is impressive and we had several selections that were very reasonably priced and all imported from Spain. You may have as many courses as you wish, and the staff is very attentive.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Estadio is a very dark and pretty Spanish restaurant on 14th Street in DC. The atmosphere is very relaxing and the music they play is very eclectic which adds to the charm. For dinner, I had the manchego cheese (lovely, paired with some fig jam, I believe), the grilled country, tomato and olive oil combo (so freaking good) and the hangar steak (medium-well and boy, was it tasty). I had this with the Rio Madre red wine which I enjoyed very much as it had a very subtle taste that feels smooth going down your throat. This place has really cool gothic/romantic style lamps, big comfy chairs and in the restaurant's middle is a very industrial-style looking bar which I thought sort of clashed w/ the rest of the restaurant, but so much that it made a nice juxtaposition w/ the rest of the style there. I would most definitely go back here. The ginger slushitos were good too. Very ginger-y. Our server was great. I can't remember her name but she had on pink or red Converse and wore a ponytail and was very knowledgeable regarding the wine list and menu. Get a window seat so you can watch the world go by.