“Tasty and large portion.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Estadio

Estadio
Reserve with OpenTable
Estadio is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 3,196 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Logan Circle/ Shaw
Cross street: between N Church St & N P St
New York
“Tasty and large portion.”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

The portion is larger than expected, food was well prepared, menu was interesting, some are typical tapas menu. Lots of choices for vegetarians.

Visited August 2012

San Juan, Puerto Rico
“Average Quality for Overpriced Tapas”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Just to get a table reservation at Estadio is next to impossible, even though it's within walking distance from our apartment. The tapas are average or ok but not awesome, and it's overpriced. I know that they have to make money but not by price gouging. If they can improve the quality of the tapas and then you can justify the pricing. The service is good and they do their best, as well as the wine and bar selection. Hope next time I visit Estadio, their quality has improved.

• Visited September 2012
Istanbul, Turkey
“My favorite wine bar in DC”
Reviewed November 13, 2012

So I've been trying out all the different wine bars in the DC area and Estudio has slowly become my favorite and the one that I find myself going back to. Two simple reasons: the quality of the tapas and the overall feel/ambiance of the place. I'll be very honest: It often annoys me to have to drink spanish wine there all the time but the quality of the tapas is so considerably higher than similar DC establishments that I keep going back. Most wines bars in DC seem to get cheese right while failing when it comes to charcuterie. Estudio doesn't. The charcuterie is on point. When it comes to the vibe in there, it's lively, darkish and unpretentious by neighborhood standards. As I mentioned before thou, the wine list could in my humble opinion use some diversity.

Shawnee, Kansas
“Pricey but Good”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

The food was good, the drinks were great... but I had a hard time paying $12 a piece for a Gin and Tonic. The Butternut Squash soup, however, was to die for! It was just delicious. I would pay $8 for it again. The sauteed shrimp was also delicious -- just remember-- it is a Tappas restaurant so you don't get large portions by any means. The atmosphere and service was outstanding,however! I had a crazy request to split the bill in three, uneven ways -- and it was perfect! Good work Estadio!

Chesterfield, Virginia
“Really enjoyed it, very good food.”
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We chose this restaurant because we wanted to enjoy small plates. Atmosphere is really nice- mix of warm tones, iron filligree, concrete floors and large wood support beams. Different view points- tables, around the bar, around the open kitchen. We sat watching the chefs prepare small plates which actually worked our rather well because we could see if we wanted to try this dish or that.

This was for our 10th anniversary so we were pretty gluttonous. We tried the trio of cheeses (so good) and a mix of meats (chorizos, jamons, etc...) and fresh crusty bread. Then we had small plates of cod, hangar steak and calamari. We both enjoyed dessert. Add multiple cocktails and IPA's and we racked up a pretty hefty bill- add tip and it just surpassed our hotel room. But, again, we figured 10 years was good reason to celebrate. We'd return.