“Last minute decision...I wish all my decisions were this good.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Estadio

Estadio
Reserve with OpenTable
Estadio is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 3,199 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Bar scene, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Logan Circle/ Shaw
Cross street: between N Church St & N P St
Healdsburg, California
“Last minute decision...I wish all my decisions were this good.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 20, 2012

My wife and I enjoyed DC for the weekend after a conference. Needed a good restaurant Friday night to kick it off. Although we only called a few hours before going, on Friday night no less, the staff was able to figure out a way to get us in.

Excellent tapas. Some were traditional favorites we knew from Spain. Others were new flavor combinations that still has the Spanish personality, but were completely Estadio. It was difficult to choose because the menu was full of great choices. Either we selected exactly right or everything is great. We weren't sure how much we were going to want. So we just ordered a few plates at a time. They had no problem with us lingering, ordering a little more...and a little more.

Finally we decided to move into desserts - some best we've ever had...and we have had a lot of desserts. The manchego cheesecake put me in a trance for a few minutes.

I'm sure there are plenty of great restaurants in DC, but Estadio was the perfect choice for us.

• Visited April 2012

Montreal, Canada
“Great tapas in heart of Washington”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2012

This restaurant located not very far from Dupont Circle was recommended by a friend and my daughter and I just loved it. The service was great and the waitress very helpful with descriptions and suggestions. The tapas are varied and the portions can easily be shared. The chorizo and ham plates are very plentiful, the scallops were perfectly cooked, great selection of olives, very good cod. We just loved the foie gras mousse, duck and onion on bread. We had it twice! Good selection of wine by the glass. Not cheap but the quality makes up for the price. Would definitely visit often if I lived in Washington.

• Visited June 2012
Portland, Maine
“Great group dining”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012 via mobile

Went to Estadio as a group of work colleagues from out of town. We all loved it. Short wait for a table on a Tuesday night. Great mixed drinks and bar list. Highlights were the octopus, hangar steak, cheese plate, patatas bravas and the procciuto wrapped figs. The dessers were also excellent- especially the manchego cheese cake. Service was quick and attentive, and the server knew the menu well and made helpful recommendations. I'll definitely be back?

Arlington, Virginia
“Great tapas”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 15, 2012

We thoroughly enjoyed everything on the menu, especially the melon and proscuitto as basic as it sounds, the melon was amazing. Even the blood sausage was good, and I thought I would hate it.

Visited August 2011
Honolulu, Hawaii
“The food is excellent, seriously a very special place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 11, 2012

Our menu for two - amazing personality and just the right amount.....
1) Scallops, Roasted Cauliflower & Salbitxada ~ 14 (An absolute must)
2) Hanger Steak, Patatas Riojanas, Sauce Valdeon ~ 14 (Also wonderful)
3) Crispy Soft-Shell Crab, Cucumber, Dill, Creme Fraiche ~ 15 (Delicious, but a little light)

Friends had:
Sauteed Shrimp, Garlic, Parsley & Lemon ~ 10 (looked amazing, and they are regulars).

Hint: The 'Surly' beer (with coffee) is spectacular (if you appreciate a bold, rich beer).

• Visited June 2012