“Dupont Gem”
Review of Cafe Dupont

Cafe Dupont
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Dupont is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 3,283 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Contemporary
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: 19th @ Dupont Circle
Transit: Dupont Circle Metro is 1 block East of the station located on the North part of the circle between 19th st., Q st., and New Hampshire Avenue.
Description: Café Dupont at The Dupont Circle Hotel is a modern French brasserie that features a Parisian influence reflecting on Washington’s past and the contemporary sophistication of the local Dupont Circle Neighborhood. The menu offers traditional French fare that fuses with a fresh market twist and seasonal culinary dishes. Café Dupont’s carte du jour is presented into healthy, irresistible, French-tinged dishes, served in a friendly, fashionable environment.
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Since opening after the renovations, Cafe Dupont has been a great find right at the circle. The Dupont Mussels rival those of Brasserie Beck, but service is much better at Cafe Dupont. Having dined here multiple times, food and service always seems consistent and very professional. I would definitely recommend the Atlantic Cod, which was amazingly light, tender and delicious, beyond what I've eaten at Eric Ripert's restaurants. The food is amongst the best in DC, yet the prices seem extremely reasonable, well below some of its peer competitors. I would definitely recommend Cafe Dupont for great meals and experiences.

CafeDupontManager, Manager at Cafe Dupont, responded to this reviewResponded February 27, 2013

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to write such a fantastic review of Café Dupont. We are delighted to see that you have dined with us before and that you have compared us to some other great chefs and dining locations such as Eric Ripert and Brasserie Beck. We are honored to receive such great feedback and await your return to Café Dupont.

There are newer reviews for Cafe Dupont

Reviewed February 20, 2013

I would give this restaurant a solid 3.5 stars. It isn't my go to place or a place I think of dining really. If I have to be in DuPont Circle I enjoy dining here. I have never had a bad experience at Cafe DuPont and have dined here 4 times in the last 3 years. The restaurant is quiet, and the wait staff is good; some better than others.

On this evening, my appetizer was the butternut squash gnocchi with mushrooms, and goat cheese-- Oh my how yummy this was. I wished this had been my entree. I found out later that I can request it as an entree and I will most likely do so on my next visit.

My dining companion ordered the veal sweetbreads with gruyere cheese polenta and french fried onions, we both enjoyed it. He also had the salmon and liked it, too.

I ordered the seafood stew, in vegetable broth (I think it was the special). While the seafood was tasty, the overall dish was quite bland. I didn't enjoy it. The stew needed some herbs or garlic or both.

Note: On previous visits I have had the mussels mariniere with fries which is good but way over-priced. I have also had a good time in the bar and eaten there as well. The staff was very good and the kitchen accommodated us by making food even though it had closed a few minutes before we arrived. Thank you!

Thank you for the great review. We are excited to read that you enjoyed your time at Café Dupont. We are also happy to hear that most of the dishes were to your liking but it is unfortunate that the seafood soup special wasn’t up to our normal, high standards. We would love to welcome you back to have the butternut gnocchi as an entrée and maybe try some of our other specials.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

Food and service were outstanding. Great veg and fish choices.Pricrs fair .glad we made a reservation -was packed.

CafeDupontManager, Manager at Cafe Dupont, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Thanks a lot for taking the time to write your review. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your time with us at Café Dupont and that our dishes were to your liking. We would love to see you return to Cafe Dupont in the near future.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

My husband surprised me for Valentine's day and he definitely hit the mark.The restaurant was gorgeous, tables laid out with rose petals, just beautiful. There was a prix-fixe menu very well priced, but finicky me didn't want what they had on that menu. I asked our waiter, Ryan, if I could order off menu and he was more than happy to accommodate me. The foie gras was superb and my steak was heavenly. Ryan was the best waiter ever and his recommendations on the wine pairings with the food was on point. This may very well be my new favorite spot.

CafeDupontManager, Manager at Cafe Dupont, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about your time with us at Café Dupont. We are so pleased that you and your husband had a memorable experience on Valentine’s Day and that Ryan was able to accommodate all of your wishes. He will definitely be recognized for your lovely words. We all look forward to seeing you return to Café Dupont soon.

Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

This is the place to be seen. Great cocktail specials and snacks. Food incredible. Not a better spot in DC for a cocktail.

CafeDupontManager, Manager at Cafe Dupont, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Thank you for your fantastic review. We a delighted to see you have enjoyed our cocktails and food. We are bringing out a new drinks menu and would love to welcome you back to try some of our new additions in the coming weeks.