“Not much China to Chinatown”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Ming's Restaurant

Ming's Restaurant
Ranked #2,027 of 3,199 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Vadnais Heights, Minnesota
“Not much China to Chinatown”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2014

We loved the ambiance of this place but the food was just average. The sweet and sour chicken and peanut chicken seemed to be reheated, unfortunately. The menu is large so it's possible other options would have been a better choice. We didn't see much of our server so it was good we didn't really need anything. Our table was quite close to the next table and we could hear every single thing the couple talked about. If we wouldn't have been so tired from site-seeing we probably would have been bothered by this. But actually,we found their 1st-date type dinner to be quite entertaining, We're guessing there wasn't a second date in their future.

• Visited July 2014

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Awful Service, Scary Customers”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

Drunk patron was harassing us but the restaurant manager would not kick him out. He walked up to our table speaking unintelligbly and nearly putting his hands on our food. It scared the crap out of my 10-yr. old cousin, who was almost in tears. I made two requests for the manager to kick him out. She yelled at me and said it wasn't her fault he was drunk. I told her she had the right to refuse service to anyone and she should not allow him to harrass paying customers. She continued to be rude and nasty to us. She said if she kicked him out he would fight outside so she was going to let him stay inside. He picked a fight with another table and called some of the customers derogatory names. He then lunged at some customers trying to fight them and one of the very small waitresses was trying to hold him back. We were obviously frightened so we got up to leave. The manager refused to comp the kid's meal (which I requested since she allowed this person to stay in the restaurant and scare the kid). She continued, again, to be rude and nasty and claimed that she was on the phone with the police when she was actually taking a delivery order. She then snatched my credit card out of my hand and made us stand there and wait while she took an entire delivery order (meanwhile the fight continues to ensue in the back of the restaurant, 10-yr. old cousin continuing to freak out). I'm sure I should have just walked out but I tried to be reasonable. This used to be my go-to for fast Chinese but that ended with this experience.

• Visited July 2014
Pensacola, Florida, United States
“Great Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2014 via mobile

Great Food! Excellent atmosphere in the heart of China Town!!! We recommend the the sushi! The staff was curteous and helpful.

Richmond, Virginia
“Visit Chinatown in Washington, DC”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2014

I had not been to this restaurant in over fifteen years, and voila! It's still there. The food is very good, and they have a lot from which to choose. I had the spring rolls which were light and crispy. For the entre I had chicken with broccoli and was pleasantly surprised. The only thing I wish they served was brown rice!

Visited June 2014
“so, so”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

our hotel was near chinatown so we decided to walk around & saw this place so we decided to try it out. They offer sushi & chinese foods. We ordered spicy california roll & crab roll. They both look the same & taste the same. I requested if I can have an extra spicy mayo on the side & they want to charge me $1 for it. which I refused. Seriously?
We also had salt pepper pork which is good & pealeaf it was good also. There is a certain taste to their food that wasn't appealing to me but my husband said it is fine. We also ordered beef chowfan which tasted bland.
We came in around 10pm & it seems like this place is popular among groups by the time we left the place is almost pack & there's still lots of people coming in.

Visited May 2014