“Entertaining and informative. A 'must do'.”
Review of Walk of the Town

Walk of the Town
Ranked #2 of 146 Tours in Washington DC
More attraction details
Owner description: Walk of the Town is DC's most memorable walking tour! Explore Washington DC the way it was meant to be seen:on foot! Let superb storyteller and licensed DC tour guide Tim lead you on a FREE tour of DC!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Entertaining and informative. A 'must do'.”
Reviewed November 19, 2010

We took Tim's 3 hour walking tour this morning with our 2 and 4 year old in strollers and we are so pleased we did. It was our first time in DC (we're Australian) and Tim's tour was a great introduction to the city. Tim was a fountain of fascinating facts and entertaining stories, his casual yet engaging style made the three hours just fly by. Thanks Tim!

Midwest
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“The best walking tour in DC”
Reviewed November 17, 2010

We took the Tidal Basin tour, which was also a charity benefit tour. I'm a frequent visitor to DC, but the tour was chock-ful of insights and information that I had never heard before. Tim is a colorful and personable story teller.

New England
“Informative,nicely paced,great start for a great vacation”
Reviewed November 15, 2010

I am not necessarily a "tour" type of traveller. I generally like to go and check places out at my own pace. As I had never been to Washinton DC before, and I knew that there was so much to do, I decided that a walking tour would give me an overview of the place and then I could cherry-pick various attractions I would visit later. Tim Stewart filled the bill perfectly. The weather was great, perfect for walking. Tim is a walking encyclopedia of people, places, things "Washingtonian" . His anecdotes about the city were fascinating, humorous, and educational. He is like the high school teacher you wish you had.We covered alot of ground in the three hours we were together and it really helped set the itinerary for the next few days-from great restaurant recommendations to the top museums.

Miami
“The only way to see the monuments!”
Reviewed November 15, 2010

This was my first trip to DC and I was anxious on choosing the best tour to see all the monuments. In choosing “The walk of the Town” tour with Tim, I not only got to see all the monuments up close and personal, but we learned so much as well. We did the tour on Nov 12 and we have already mentioned it to all of our friends. Tim knows DC like the back of his hand and will share his insights when asked about the other attractions on town.

Los Angeles, California
“This was the only way to see the War Memorials- Incredibly moving”
Reviewed November 13, 2010

We used Tim Stewart as our guide and he was great!! Gave us so much interesting information, was thorough and flexible for what we wanted to do. I would highly recommend him.