“Exceeded expectations! ”
Review of Walk of the Town

Walk of the Town
Ranked #2 of 146 Tours in Washington DC
More attraction details
Owner description: Walk of the Town is DC's most memorable walking tour! Explore Washington DC the way it was meant to be seen:on foot! Let superb storyteller and licensed DC tour guide Tim lead you on a FREE tour of DC!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Exceeded expectations! ”
Reviewed June 12, 2014 via mobile

We decided to join Tim's tour hoping for the best as the weather forecast was for thunderstorms and rain. As it turned out, the weather had scared off other tourists and as such we had a private tour. Tim was excellent! His knowledge around the monuments and historical facts was very impressive and he was very gracious with allowing us to ask as many questions as we could think of. Tim's obvious passion for his city was evident and really contagious and he went out of his way to highlight extra points of interest and give us other tips on seeing DC. We had only one day in DC (mistake!) and he made it an incredible and comprehensive experience. What's more, we even had time afterward to see a museum or two! Thanks Tim!

2 Thank Naomi B

Milton, Canada
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Highlight of our DC visit!”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

A 4 hour walking tour sounds long and far but it is far from it. Tim's pacing is great, the trivia and info is so interesting, and the time flies. The stops are fairly frequent, as there are so many interesting tidbits to point out, and you are never walking far at any point (or it doesn't seem that way). Tim's passion is infectious and the way he gets the participants involved thru questions and conversation (as opposed to lecture) for both young or older, was terrific. His manner is laid back and never seems to be impatient to move on before the participants are ready. Great job Tim!

1 Thank Glenn T
Jacksonville, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awesome Experience”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

I'm so glad I found the "Walk of the Town" on the internet...My husband, step daughter & I had so much we wanted to see in a very short amount of time...We hit the jackpot with Tim. He was so informative, detailed & funny! I so enjoyed our time with him in DC...when & if we ever come back I'll be sure to look him up!!!

2 Thank Laurie H
Hawaii
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 59 helpful votes
“Great tour”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

The first thing my wife and I did on our recent trip to the East Coast was to take Tim's tour. I have to say that I agree with just about everything everyone else has said so I'm not going to repeat it all. We could easily have toured all of the monuments on Tim's tour by ourselves but we never would have known so much of the back stories and significance that went into their designs.

I know Tim has done this tour many, many times but through his excitement and enthusiasm he made it seem like this the first time he had ever done it.

Visited May 2014
2 Thank Mauigirl808
Colorado Springs, Colorado
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Great tour”
Reviewed June 7, 2014

We did a walking tour of the DC memorials with Tim. He did a great job, besides the usual basic information he also had stories and anecdotes to tell. I would definitely do his tour again! He really enjoys sharing the city with tourists.

1 Thank JoAnneV