“A must see while in DC!”
Review of Walk of the Town

Walk of the Town
Ranked #2 of 146 Tours in Washington DC
More attraction details
Owner description: Walk of the Town is DC's most memorable walking tour! Explore Washington DC the way it was meant to be seen:on foot! Let superb storyteller and licensed DC tour guide Tim lead you on a FREE tour of DC!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Pennsylvania
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A must see while in DC!”
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Me and my husband decided to take this tour after a friend had recommended it. It was the highlight of our weekend!!! Tim was an amazing tour guide! So smart and knowledgeable about DC and it's history. Learned so much and really enjoyed the History questions....he really engaged the group. The tour was all by foot but there were plenty of breaks in between. The tour was free!!! He just asked that you tip at the end which everyone did as it was well deserved..
We really enjoyed ourselves..Thanks TIM!!! :)

Visited November 2013
1 Thank juli33s

Des Plaines, Illinois
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Awesome Tour Even During Government Shutdown”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Tim Stewart is an amazing guide. His leadership was assertive without being bossy and he had everything worked out to a science from how long we stayed at each spot, to when and where we took a break. This may be the first tour I've taken where I could hear everything and his stories were fascinating. I laughed. I cried. I hung on his every word! I never enjoyed a tour as much as this! It was exceptional and this was during the government shut down! I was impressed by his thoughtfulness at the end when he read off his list of suggested activities we could still enjoy.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank WendyK367
Oregon
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“"Free" walking tours in DC”
Reviewed November 8, 2013

My friend and I recently spent a week being tourists in DC. We took advantage of 3 "free" walking tours, one by Walk of the Town and two with DC by Foot. All were superb! Tim is the sole proprietor and guide with Walk of the Town. He's extremely knowledgeable, interesting, and curious. A real font of interesting tidbits of information! After the formal tour, he accompanied us to the MLK monument and provided another 15 minutes of commentary. The two tours with DC by Foot were with the same guide - one of the Capital/Library area and the other of Arlington Cemetery. Although she was very enthusiastic and interesting, she misspoke a few times and was much less engaging than Tim - I attributed that to "youth" and also to working very hard since they were short-staffed. But overall, all the tours were very worthwhile. Tip well; this is their livelihood!

Visited November 2013
1 Thank matkat7
Barnwell Alberta Canada
“Walk of the Town Dc”
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Found the tour by Tim Stewart awesome! He is so enthusiastic and knowledgeable it was a real treat! He gave us in depth information on the memorials including the Vietnam memorial, the Korean memorial, the World war 2 memorial, the Lincoln Memorial, Martin Luther King's memorial as well as information on the Whitehouse and on Arlington as well as some maps etc. to facilitate any further exploring that we wanted to do. No fees but gratuities accepted at the end of the tour. It is a walking tour so good shoes are recommended.

Visited October 2013
Hamilton, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A can't miss experience when in DC!!”
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I am a bit of a planner and after reading many reviews about different tours I came across all the positive feedback about Tim and his tours. It almost seemed a little too good to be true...but totally not the case. The way he engages you with his energy, passion, ability to tell the history in an engaging way made his tour one of my favourite things on our very packed stay in DC. I would totally spend the 4.5 hours again!
We were lucky enough to be in the city for the 50th anniversary of the March on Washington (which was amazing in and of itself) and Tim definitely went above and beyond in his approach to this day's tour. He confirmed with us that he would still be leading the Wednesday morning tour as scheduled but he (what seemed like) effortlessly re-worked his route in such a way that allowed for us to see so much more! Thanks Tim for all that you do to bring the history of such a dynamic city come to life!!

Visited August 2013