“Talk about a passionate tour guide!”
Review of Walk of the Town

Walk of the Town
Ranked #2 of 146 Tours in Washington DC
More attraction details
Owner description: Walk of the Town is DC's most memorable walking tour! Explore Washington DC the way it was meant to be seen:on foot! Let superb storyteller and licensed DC tour guide Tim lead you on a FREE tour of DC!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
London, UK
38 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“Talk about a passionate tour guide!”
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Tim is probably the most passionate tour guide I’ve ever met. He really loves Washington DC and loves showing visitors around and sharing his knowledge.

He may go into a bit too much detail for my taste, but it’s always better to get more than less, right?! If you want an in-depth tour of the city, this is your thing!

Visited September 2013
3 Thank peter102110

Havana, Cuba
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“A great tour, with a great guide”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

This tour is a must when visiting Washington. Tim is a perfect guide, not only with a comprehensive profound background and knowledge, but also enthusiastic and dedicated. Tim fascinates; I learnt a lot about American history. Most impressive is the Vietnam war memorial, it's both touching and disturbing.

Thank's a lot for this great morning.

4 Thank jue55mue
Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“An inspiring tour!”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

I arrived in DC one day after the shutdown. I was worried that I would not get to see any of the monuments or sights. All the museums were closed, so I decided to take a walking tour. I picked Tim's because of the reviews, and I was not dissapointed.

We started off at the White House, I learned so much behind the scenes stuff. We continued on and saw Signers Island, the Vietnam Memorial and many more. The best part was that the Vietnam Memorial was, not open, but accesible. The gate had been moved aside and veterans were filing in and out. The same with the Korean Memorial.

We finished off at he WW2 Memorial and 3.5 hours had gone by so fast. Tim is the best, most passionate tour guide I have ever followed around. I absolutly would take the tour again!!

4 Thank Annette L
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great even during shutdown”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

We took the monument walking tour on October 2nd, and Tim made it an awesome story filled tour. He had warned us ahead of time about the lack of bathroom facilities and the closing of the monuments but assured us he would be able to give us an entertaining and fact filled tour and he delivered.

This tour is a must do on any trip to DC. Tour started on time and last over 4 hours. Tim was very entertaining and polite. We had a couple with a young child in a stroller and he kept checking on them to make sure they were able to keep up.

When we go back to DC when it's open I'll surely try the basin tour. Thanks Tim great job!!!

1 Thank PeteSoFla
Columbia, South Carolina
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Clear to see why this tour is rated #1”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

My sister and I only had one full day to be tourists in Washington DC so we wanted to make the most of it. We took the Monument Tour and were so very glad we did! Tim is a fantastic guide. He not only shares his amazing wealth of knowledge, but he is so very engaging and interesting while doing it.The tour took about 4 hours, but the time absolutely flew by. Be prepared to walk, and stand, a lot so dress accordingly. Tim's tour is a MUST for anyone visiting Washington DC.

Visited September 2013