“Great tour. Will be recommending to family and friends.”
Review of Walk of the Town

Walk of the Town
Ranked #2 of 147 Tours in Washington DC
More attraction details
Owner description: Walk of the Town is DC's most memorable walking tour! Explore Washington DC the way it was meant to be seen:on foot! Let superb storyteller and licensed DC tour guide Tim lead you on a FREE tour of DC!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed November 8, 2012

I live near DC and took my Mum, who was visiting from the UK, after reading several reviews. We went on the tour yesterday, on a really cold day. Tim kept us distracted with lots of interesting information and stories about the DC sights and Monuments.
The 3.5 hour tour went by very quickly.
I will definitely be recommending this tour to friends and family.
I normally never write reviews, but think this is a great way to see this part of DC.

1  Thank nzbexb
Write a ReviewReviews (1,403)

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Tim is an incredible tour guide! We not only learned so much about DC, the monuments, and the Memorials but we also had a great time! This was the highlight of our trip!

If you are thinking about going on another tour and paying a large sum of money, don't! Great exercise!

1  Thank Nathan B
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Son and I had less than 24 hours in DC and decided on Tim's tour based on the reviews from Trip Advisor... SO HAPPY WE DID! Tim is fabulous, an absolute wealth of ALL kinds of knowledge, and super nice to boot. Please go prepared to leave him a big tip at the end of this FREE tour... he earns VERY penny! Will absolutely join him again if we are ever back in the area. Wear comfortable shoes and taking along a water bottle is not a bad idea...

1  Thank granipc
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Many have written about TIm and the Walk of the Town tours. In fact, many have chosen Tim just because of write-ups here on Trip Advisor. However, I would have to say based on a "happening" during our tour, the choice was downright spooky and we had to share the story. As of this writing, we have not shared this story with Tim.

First though, the tour was exceptional. I've been to DC before and have been on guided tours by both professionals and friends. Tim's was the best I've been on. My girlfriend has been to DC but never had the chance to enjoy the sites. That's where she thought Tim's walking tour would be perfect, and it was. We were on Tim's Saturday morning tour (on Columbus Day weekend) with a medium-size multi-lingual group from several countries. Tim was thorough, patient, and informative. Someone previously wrote he was engaging . . . this is an understatement. He drew your attention and you seemed to hinge on every word. Being a classroom educator certainly enhances his presentation. We covered a wide area and I never heard an unanswered question. It does involve walking, which we thoroughly enjoyed as out of the ordinary. Our intent was not to sit in a but for a weekend visit to DC, and we're so glad we didn't. We both walked away very satisfied.

Moving on to the spooky part. When we visited the Vietnam War Memorial, Tim described the emblems associated with the names on the wall, with the cross representing MIAs. While discussing this with the group, he pointed out the most recently added name on the wall "Neary". Although we are currently in western NY, my girlfriend is from Michigan. When she was 13, her father gave her an MIA bracelet that he had gotten from a women that he worked with; her son had recently been declared MIA. When Tim pointed out the recently added name, directly above it was the name Arthur Wright. This was the name on her bracelet. We went to the directory on site and confirmed that this man had been from Lansing, Michigan. Out of 1200 MIA's and over 58,000 killed, this name had jumped out from the wall to bring extra meaning to our visit.

Thank you Tim.

+ + +

I marked "No" for a fee since it's free, but he does accept/appreciate tips.

3  Thank James C
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Tim is a wealth of knowledge, and a good sense humor. He is very engaging we were never bored kept my 11 year old son interested. Without his narrative we would have missed a lot of facts behind the memorials even the controversial stories of the memorials. Tim a retired teacher is very passionate on what he does. Had a great time and learned a lot.

1  Thank Ceciljuco