“Great tourguide!”
Review of Walk of the Town

Walk of the Town
Ranked #2 of 146 Tours in Washington DC
More attraction details
Owner description: Walk of the Town is DC's most memorable walking tour! Explore Washington DC the way it was meant to be seen:on foot! Let superb storyteller and licensed DC tour guide Tim lead you on a FREE tour of DC!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Dallas, Texas
“Great tourguide!”
Reviewed September 28, 2012

We had a great time with Tim. He was very knowledgeable and informative. He has a great sense of humour. We had a great 86 year old woman who challenged Tim with questions he had never had before and he was up to the challenge. We thoroughly enjoyed the tour and would highly recommend it.
John and Laurie Denson

London
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Excellent Walk”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

We have been on a lot of walking tours mainly in London with the London Walk company and Tim's Monumental sTOURies Tour was up there with the best of them. The walk goes to the main monuments and memorials and is sprinkled with lots of little details and anecdotes about the monuments we visited, stuff you wouldn't get from a general guide book and that greatly enhanced the experience. Tim made sure there were bathroom breaks (or toilet stops as we would call them) and even brought out some snacks(M&Ms, nuts etc.) at the Lincoln memorial to keep us all going to the end.

A must for new visitors to DC; it was a perfect start to our tour.

Also as recommended by Tim went to the Old Ebbitt Grill opposite the US Treasury Building and had a fantastic late lunch.

1 Thank orac11111
San Diego, California
“Amazing tour!”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

This was definitely a highlight of our visit in DC and a great way to start our trip. We went on the Monumental Stouries tour and thoroughly enjoyed it. My 16 month old son was with us, and Tim was totally accommodating. A must do in visitng DC!

Brisbane, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Tim's DC Walking Tour”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

I have done a lot of walking tours in my travels and this one was probably the best. Tim is very well informed and a nice guy. I think most of the other reviews have said what needs to be said. Do this tour early in your stay and it will help you plan the rest of your tour. We were all so impressed we doubled the amount of the tip we had planned to give. Thanks Tim

1 Thank David B
Wexford, Pennsylvania
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 39 helpful votes
“Exceptional! A Not-to-Be Missed D.C. Experience!”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

My wife and I first read about 'Walk of the Town' (Tim) on Trip Advisor. Before we departed for our vacation, I e-contacted Tim to inquire about a few things -- even after reading most of his extremely well-done Web site. Based on what I read at his site and the answers Tim provided, I was excited about Tim's 3- to 3.5-hour walking tour of my nation's seat of Federal government.

The up-front cost for the tour? Nothing. Nada. "Tips" are the only form of payment that Tim accepts -- if you so choose! Believe me, he earns every penny of whatever those who join him can afford.

Well, we met Tim and our fellow trekkers right where Tim said he would be. We waited just a few minutes for late-comers, and then we were off on an adventure of a lifetime. Really!

We then visited monuments, Walls of Honor, and other assorted sites (some not so well known, but fascinating, nonetheless), all the while being entertained with fascinating information. If you had a question...Tim had a fitting answer. (Personally, he was very helpful to me at the Vietnam War Memorial.) He provided unique information about the architecture of many of the edifices built in DC: For example, how sight-lines of certain walls and monuments were aligned with other already-built edifices. Fascinating! Really!

We had people of all ages on our tour. And, smartly, Tim built in time for bathroom breaks and water stops!

Toward the end of the tour, he had little treats for everyone: M&Ms, Gummy Bears, etc. At the very end, Tim hit the right spot! He recommended a restaurant in downtown DC for anyone who was hungry (aka, my wife and I): Old Ebbitt Grille (675 15th Street NW). There's almost no wait for a table on the weekends, but be ready for for a 45-minute (minimum) wait during weekdays. THE outstanding dish was their Louisiana Shrimp and Grits -- OMG at OEG! It's near the White House and lots of DC power-brokers seem to like the ambiance at OEG: It's so loud that nobody can hear the deals that are brokered! ; o D

Overall, if you visit DC and you don't take a tour with Tim, you're really missing out on something very special!

Thanks again Tim!