“Separate Jazz From Establishment”
Review of Twins Jazz

Twins Jazz
Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

Jazz there is good, just about everything else is mediocre. In particular, food is a total disaster. I got a terrible heartburn from their deep fried wings, a first one in many years. Ethiopean flavors don't help, especially when advertised sides are not available. The only positive is a generous pour of wine. So, if you have a choice of jazz venues this is by far not a top one.

Reviewed November 21, 2013 via mobile

First and foremost, the food was great. Ordered the Carbcake and the sea bass, it was excellent. Music was great and service was excellent. Special thanks to Wendy:) located on "U" Street.

Small place, hole in the wall, but great music and food. P.s . There is a cover charge of $10.00 and a minimum of $10.00 on your order. It's worth it.

Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

Saw Allyn Johnson there and it was very nice but the minimum charge good be nicer if the drinks would be better than a plain bottle of Sam Adams. Also, it was extremely hot and the a/c didn't suffice so most of us were sweating like hell. Better fix that soon.

Reviewed July 31, 2013

My husband & I visited there to celebrate our wedding anniversary. We had dinner elsewhere, so we had to buy dessert & coffee to fulfill the $10 per person minimum (in addition to the $12 pp cover). The chocolate cake & cheesecake were delicious! Service was fair. The band was great...I just didn't care for the artist they were covering (Radiohead Project). It's a quaint, upper level building with intimate votives lit on every table-kind of a tight space, but luckily therewas a small crowd on a Sunday night. Otherwise, we would have felt cramped. The neighborhood is a little rough, so be careful. All in all, we enjoyed this outing to conclude our date.

Reviewed April 3, 2013 via mobile

Love the jazz! I'm no aficionado so I can't remember who I've seen, but all good. The Ethiopian dishes are good. The cheap snacks stuff is just that. Reasonable prices considering the entertainment but there's a 2 drink minimum and you don't always see the waitress 2x during the show. This leaves you ordering a drink you no longer want just to drink it fast and go. I still like it. You just have to get the hang of it.