“Great food!!”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Capitol Hill
Cross street: Between G & I, SE
Transit: Close to Eastern Market and Navy Yard metro stops
Description: Zest Bistro - A Neighborhood Bistro with a twist.... At Zest, you"ll experience the coming together of 2 great pleasures - great food and outstanding service. Zest is an urban restaurant that takes bistro food to a new level. Every day, our chefs create imaginative American cuisine with a distinctive twist on classic preparations. Daily specials highlight seasonal freshness and showcase the Chef's innovative talent. Zest pleases your palate with savory entrees & inventive salads & sandwiches. Desserts are all made on the premises, in keeping with what's available in the market. The wine list is filled with choices, and we offer 1/2 off bottled wines on Tuesday's. In addition to wine and a craft beer selection, Zest offers innovative cocktails, many of which are made with fresh syrups & purees concocted in-house.
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Each of us got different sandwiches and thought they were delicious! I especially loved my turkey and muffaletta sandwich. Waitress was attentive, sat inside, but the large window was open to the outside right by us. Grilled tuna club was also a big favorite.

2  Thank Linda C

Reviewed October 7, 2012

I went here with a friend to have lunch and catch up, and it was everything I wanted it to be. I got a cobb salad, which I usually would never think to order, but this one persuaded me with apple slices and manchego cheese - delicious. (The brunch menu looked great too)! But what really pushed this place into 5-star territory was the ambiance. We sat outside and did some people watching on the sun-drenched super cute Barracks Row (think Georgetown minus the snooty). When we were done with our meal, the waitress insisted numerous times that we sit and chat for as long as we wanted, assuaging my fears of being an inconvenience. I thought $15 was a great price for lunch+tip+two hours of great conversation with a friend, especially considering it's in DC.

2  Thank LilyK89
Reviewed September 21, 2012

I went for lunch today, quiet outside seating, clean, Polite server. Just the most excellent Pasta dish i have had in a very long time. for a table of 4 everyone really loved their food. The Chef came out to see how things were.

1  Thank DCFed
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Wanted to try a new restaurant with a special someone. Came across Zest. Impressed with started salad of watermelon and feta arugula salad. Meal of Salmon and Kale was delicious although the Crab Bearnaise was a bit heavy. I would likely return. The wine was good, but could have been priced a bit lower for the selection. Overall ambiance was great and there is outdoor seating. The dessert was good but nothing extraordinary.

2  Thank Nads82
Reviewed September 10, 2012

We really enjoyed zest bistro after a full day touring. It was great that it is causal dress since we were still dressed from touring all day. The food was great, the type served in better restaurants, I had the salmon and the butternut squash soup, so good!! Relaxing with friendly staff!

1  Thank Linda V