“How to make something potentially interesting really, really dull”

Voice of America Studio Tour
Ranked #102 of 145 Tours in Washington DC
More attraction details
Owner description: The Voice of America Studio Tour offers a unique glimpse into the world of international broadcasting where guests can view live television and radio broadcasts during an interactive studio tour! Tours are Monday through Friday at 12:00pm and 3:00pm and begin at the entrance at Independence Avenue and 3rd Street SW. Reservations for large groups and walk-ins are welcome!
Montesson, France
149 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 153 helpful votes
“How to make something potentially interesting really, really dull”
Reviewed August 7, 2012

As a kid in Europe I listened to VOA in the 1970's so I was quite excited at the prospect of the studio tour. We arrived a little early and waited outside on the hottest day of the year. When the doors finally opened we were told we had to wait for a few late comers. Then we had to wait from them to go to the restrooms. Then we waited for more people who hadn't booked but just turned up. About 20 minutes late, the tour started. It's probably a shame we had already visited the Capitol and Pentagon as those tours had been really impressive. The VOA tour was dull. The guide was uninspiring. He failed to answer any of our questions. We saw very little of interest. Frankly this was a waste of time and I was personally embarrassed I had asked my family to come with me.

Visited July 2012