“Staying Across the street”
Review of RIS

RIS
Reserve with OpenTable
RIS is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #179 of 3,322 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: International
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Foggy Bottom - GWU - West End
Cross street: 23rd
Transit: From Foggy Bottom Metro (Orange and Blue Lines) 1. As you exit the Metro, turn left onto 23rd Street. 2. At the traffic circle, take the 5th exit and continue on 23rd Street. 3. Walk one block. 4. Turn right at L Street NW. RIS will be across the street on the left.
Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

After a 45 minute walk around the 10 block radius, settled on RIS and had a phenomenon meal. Great service and awesome chorizo sea scallops. Well worth the walk.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

I've had a few meals at Ris and have loved them all. The food is inventive and delicious, the service professional, the atmosphere buzzy but not loud. I wanted to single out the portabella reuban I had for lunch. To me, a sandwich can be risky - ingredients spill out of the bread, or are so large they come away in one embarrassing chin-splash in one bite. This sandwich was not only delicious with a wonderful moist portabella, tangy cheese and crispy coleslaw, but every bite actually held together until the very end of the sandwich. You can actually eat this sandwich in company and talk about important things. This is a sign of a thoughtful chef. I'd recommend Ris to anyone.

Reviewed September 8, 2013

A colleague took me here during a business trip. I loved it so much I'm taking others back there.
inventive food of high quality with a quirky twist. I wished I lived in DC and it would be a regular favourite.great helpful service too. try the 'roibush'(??) tea.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Others tell me Ris has the best happy hour around, and it certainly looked like it on the Tuesday evening I was there. Waiters were well trained and very helpful. For Washington DC, the prices were what I expected ( $25-$30 for the entree) and cooked and presented with care. My Alaskan Halibut was Devine and with every penny!

Reviewed August 30, 2013

The food was really good but I thought a little pricey for what you receive. They do have a butterscotch pudding that is one of the best desserts I have ever had. It doesn't taste like butterscotch pudding and you will be very surprised when you order this. It is wonderful.