“Ris Rocks”
Review of RIS

RIS
Reserve with OpenTable
RIS is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #179 of 3,283 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: International
Good for: Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Foggy Bottom - GWU - West End
Cross street: 23rd
Transit: From Foggy Bottom Metro (Orange and Blue Lines) 1. As you exit the Metro, turn left onto 23rd Street. 2. At the traffic circle, take the 5th exit and continue on 23rd Street. 3. Walk one block. 4. Turn right at L Street NW. RIS will be across the street on the left.
Reviewed July 7, 2013

Have wanted to go to this restaurant for ever ...since I heard of it opening in 2009, made it to dinner yesterday. It is a long haul from Australia! Excellent meal. Attentive service - Loved it when Ris (yes Ris in person) stopped at our table to chat...only interrupted by a couple wanting to congratulate her on their meal.....I loved the Bread and then Scallops Margarita (fantastic signature dish - did not want it to finish) and the Pepita (?) crusted Atlantic salmon..flavoursome, so fresh, great textures...and then the Peach Cobbler....with almond flakes in the ice cream...Coffee. Great meal, lots of laughs, warm welcome. Parking closeby and valet service....Great artwork on the walls...worth a look as well.

2  Thank JulieJulie88
There are newer reviews for RIS

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Nice food, delicious and made with heart.. portion just right for Asian.. I have enjoyed the scallops...and they have creative ideas with fish... good atmosphere and service makes you feel home

Reviewed June 27, 2013

If you want a "top notch" dinner, give Ris a shot. I went with a huge party (15 people), and they seated us without fanfare, and did an excellent job with service. A group like ours is a waiters nightmare (we were talking too much and didn't listen to him!), yet he did a great job. Each dish on the table looked "ready for TV", and the taste was great. Most of us ordered single entrees (I had halibut), but several ordered the companion meals, where you select 3-4 smaller portion dishes. When I return, that is what I will be having! The head chef stopped by and viewed our progress, and was willing to visit. The wine selection was also fantastic, and the waiter knew his stuff. Pricey? You bet. But if you want the best food and great attention, you can't go wrong here.

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Recommended by a Washington, DC local, I chose this spot for a small business dinner meeting and was not disappointed. Wine list was quite good with some great wines at reasonable prices. As promised, the Margarita Scallop appetizer was a huge fav with our group! personally, I opted for the caesar and found it just right! Dinners were excellent in size, taste and presentation. The halibut cooked to exactly the perfect texture! Sadly we were all too full for the wonderful sounding desserts, making me promise myself a return trip for "just dessert". Service was very good for this somewhat busy evening, although our server lacked experience regarding wine selections.

Reviewed May 25, 2013

Wow, wow, wow. I just left the restaurant after a late dinner with my wife and 2 kids. We were very impressed with the entire experience. The service was impeccable and the food was delicious. The kids had chicken fingers that were mouth water moist. The clam chowder was very flavorful. The Ceasar salad had just the right garlic and anchovies. I had a steak medallions with dates, figs, walnuts, mushrooms and mash potatoes that was to die for. The variety of flavors and spices was one of the best I've ever had. We left the restaurant incredibly happy, which does not happen often with 2 kids and varying taste/wants.

We left with cups of coffee and tea back to our hotel a few blocks away and even they were fantastic. I highly recommend Ris.