“Solid upscale Indian”
Review of Masala Art

Masala Art
Reserve with OpenTable
Masala Art is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #416 of 3,463 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Upper Northwest
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Professional service, and the kitchen executes well: textures were just about perfect and flavors well-balanced. Menu has the usual standbys but also some unusual dishes. For the quality of food and service you're getting, not that expensive.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Pros: Right by the metro in Tenleytown on the red line. Lunch buffet is only $9.50. Great meat, great sauces, and good service. Leave satisfied and full.

Cons: Poor dessert options on buffet.

Summary: If you are on the red line and looking indian food for lunch, this is a great price friendly place.

Reviewed July 4, 2013

The food was awesom and the service great. Had a business dinner here, along with 7 others. Everyone had a hanckering for something different, lus we had a vegan in our group. The waiter competently and politely answered everone's question about what the contents and recipes of the dishes were. His recommendation of wines, etc. were spot on.

Would certainly eat here again.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

After touring American University, my daughter and I stumbled upon Masala Art for lunch. Upon entering the restaurant, the aroma of Indian spices was amazing and we knew we had found a great place! We opted for the lunch buffet which had an incredible array of choices. We sampled almost everything and enjoyed every bite! The atmosphere is upscale, service is excellent and food is absolutely authentic. Now I hope she is accepted at AU so we can keep coming back to this terrific restaurant! If you're using the DC Metro, take the red line and exit at Tenleytown. The restaurant is a block away on Wisconsin Avenue.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

If you're American University and want a really good Indian lunch or dinner you really ought to stop in and try Masala Art. I relied on recommendations made by previous TripAdvisor diners and was not disappointed. My wife, daughter, and I tried three different entrees and each was unique and very tasty and perhaps best of all we could share. I had chicken that had been charbroiled and then served in a tomato and onion curry with .a bit of a kick. My daughter had one of the chef's recommended dishes with jumbo prawns in a very delicate coconut curry while my wife had a cilantro based curry with sole. There's an extensive wine list but I chose a Kingfisher beer. Our reservations were for 7 p.m. but we arrived early and they easily accommodated our arrival. It clearly is a neighborhood favorite because the restaurant was quite busy most of the evening. The interior is truly a beautiful setting with Indian art and indirect light of that art. My understanding is that they also do a buffet lunch which my daughter says is excellent. We'd come back!