“For the kids or the co-workers”
Review of Ted's Bulletin

Ted's Bulletin
Reserve with OpenTable
Ted's Bulletin is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 3,485 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Capitol Hill
Reviewed October 29, 2013

Ted's is a wonderfully casually restaurant for either the family or for a casual business lunch. A simple, but varied menu offers quality food at a reasonable price, and breakfast is served all day. The atmosphere is fun without being obnoxious. And, the homemade tarts are to die for!!! The only issue could be parking. After all, this is Washington DC and Barracks Row has become one of the trendy areas of the city. But Ted's Bulletin is worth several blocks walk if this is the type of cuisine you are looking for.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

Stopped at the quick service shop up front for a quick drink and a couple of pop tarts. They were delicious. Perfect pastry crust with delightful little fillings. Such a wonderful idea! The retro atmosphere is great and I wish I had gotten an opportunity to eat a meal here . . . it looked great!

Reviewed October 28, 2013

I have been to Ted's Bulletin three times and have loved it every time. The food is fresh and "homemade". It is comfort food at its best. My first two visits I ordered country fried steak (also known as chicken fried steak). It was definitely fresh made from scratch. One of my side dishes was cream corn, which was also made from scratch. My most recent visit was for lunch and I got a BBQ chicken breast sandwich with bacon and slices of pork short ribs on top, served on a fresh baked bun. It also came with a side of fresh cut fries. My business associate ordered a chicken salad sandwich with tomato soup. She said the chicken salad was OK but the soup was wonderful to have on a brisk Fall day. I also highly recommend their milkshakes - there are tons of options (including some with alcohol)!

The fantastic food is complemented by the 1920's decor. This is like walking into a movie like Bonnie and Clyde or the Untouchables. An old movie is playing on the wall. The menus look like an old newspaper. The interior design really has a feel of yesteryear.

Overall, this is a neat restaurant and I highly recommend it.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

Stopped in on a rainy day for a bowl of comforting soup. I had tomato and my husband had cream of asparagus, both of which were excellent. Service was attentive and the place had a nice neighborhood atmosphere. I inquired about the pastries I saw sitting on the counter which I was told were home-made toaster tarts. Our waiter was nice enough to give us two to take home to try. Yum!

Reviewed October 23, 2013

I've been here a couple of times for breakfast and a couple of times for lunch. Wasn't bowled over by anything I ordered, but the look of the place makes it worth a visit.