“Great way to see the sites”

DC Tours - Washington DC Hop-On-Hop-Off Double-Decker Bus Tour
Ranked #48 of 146 Tours in Washington DC
Adelaide, Australia
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Great way to see the sites”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We found the red line had the most sites we wanted to see, however we did go on the blue line to see the Pentagon. The Cherry blossoms were spectacular.

1 Thank MonanMatt

Halifax, Canada
110 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 102 helpful votes
“Great way to get a taste of Washington”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

We took this bus tour while at The Cherry Blossom Festival. It's a great way to see a lot if you are there for only a day. We didn't get to do all of the routes, as we ended up going through some of the Smithsonian Museums. The tour also included a free ticket to Madam Tussards Wax Museum, so was a nice added feature.

Orlando, Florida
78 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 122 helpful votes
“First time to Washington D.C? Start with the Hop On-Hop Off Bus Tour”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

I love Hop On-Hop Off Bus Tours. You see the all the highlights of the city on the scheduled routes, stopping off to visit an attraction, then catch another bus tour with your same ticket and head for your next attraction. Do this in any city you travel to that has Hop On-Hop Off busses before you start trekking or taking a taxi from one attraction to the next. You will be glad you did.

Last May, I had a group on American Cruise Lines that began in Alexandria, VA and finished in Philadelphia, PA. We came in a few days early and stayed at the Hampton Inn in Alexandria. I hired a mini-bus to take us to D.C. where we were dropped off at Union Station. Outside the station, we bought tickets for the Hop On-Hop Off Bus tour. It was great. I've been to the city many times and hired private tours. However, I really feel that doing the bus tour was even better because we could get off where we liked, stay as long as we wish and then "jump" on another Hop On-Hop Off bus to the next attraction on our list. I highly recommend this for visitors. Taxis are expensive and sometimes difficult to get. You'll save money and time by using these bus tours.

I must admit that it can be hot in the summer when seated in the upper level and not good in the rain. You can sit on the first level however, it's not the same view that you get from the top deck.
For those who cannot walk up the stairs to the top level, at least there are windows for sightseeing on the first level.

Hint: When you get back on the bus, you have to continue the route on the tour so allow enough time for your return. It's difficult to hail a taxi to return to your original destination. At Union Station, there is a waiting line for cabs. The line goes pretty quick. Of course, this depends when you are in D.C. Oh...I don't want to forget to mention the Postal Museum across from the station. It's worth the time for a visit.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank PhyllisD534
Peak District
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Very good friendly company”
Reviewed April 23, 2013

Really helpful friendly staff always willing to answer questions. Quite busy but always managed to get a seat. Think it is good value for money, managed to see everything we wanted to on the 2 day ticket. Don't bother with the free boat trip, really don't bother very cold and just what you see from the bus.

Ignor the bad reviews not helpful at all - worth the cash

London, United Kingdom
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“Good but too expensive”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I was in Washington, D.C. for a short while so I decided to discover the city on the bus tour. I found it quite expensive. There are different ways but some of them go to more or less to the same places... $45 is way too much. Anyway, it's still a nice tour because I managed to discover Washington in a short time. It allowed me to decide that I'll definitely come back for longer next time!

Visited April 2013

Travelers who viewed DC Tours - Washington DC Hop-On-Hop-Off Double-Decker Bus Tour also viewed

Been to DC Tours - Washington DC Hop-On-Hop-Off Double-Decker Bus Tour? Share your experiences!