“a subdued thrill”

$79.00*
Washington DC Hop-on Hop-off Bus Tour and Attractions Pass
Ranked #47 of 450 things to do in Washington DC
Reviewed December 29, 2013

This is not a jump up and down type thrill. This is a OMG "ssssh" type thrill. Go! You will not be disappointed. You will in fact be taken by the history of the place. The people who came and do come to work here make it a stunning thing to do, go see the inside of this building. Really? They met here, and talked there, and made those dissension here! Right here!

There are newer reviews for U.S. Capitol Visitor Center

Reviewed December 4, 2013

The National Capitol was an absolute must for my grandson and I on this trip. An iconic building recognised all around the world almost as much as our Houses of Parliament! The visitor entrance hall is a fantastic space especially in the discreet way it has been added to the historic building. The welcome by the ticket staff was as warm as any in a public building visited in the States. Despite the crowds [lots of school parties] the organisation was efficient and the guides interesting. The film show was enlightening and set the scene for the building. The tour was good and valuable but much of the way the Houses were organised was glossed over and it would have been nice to have a more thorough opportunity to ask questions but the crowds made that rather difficult. The artwork and the architecture were explained well, however, and we were fascinated by the variety and quality of the sculptures from each State – some inspiring and artistically first rate but many rather worthy and dull. The shop was exceptionally well-stocked to accommodate all types of visitors. Lots of souvenirs were bought for ‘back home’. A stimulating addition to our itinerary which, I should consider, is an essential destination for all American citizens. As we went in with several school parties, we were glad that we had pre-booked timed tickets rather than going on spec. Highly recommended.

1  Thank EximiousTraveller
Reviewed November 26, 2013

The visitor center is an excellent resource and you start there to get a visit of the capitol something that you should do if you are in town. The video is ... meh. but it's is expected so no biggy...

Reviewed November 1, 2013

I just complete a guided tour of the capital building, I booked my tour in advance on line I am glad that I did as there was a reasonable size line when I arrived at 10am.
The tours are free, the visitor centre is very well laid out and easy to get around
The tour starts with a short film "out of many,one" this was very good.
Our tour guide was Matt, he was very informative and the dome of the capital is very impressive.
I would recommend every one to do the tour.

Reviewed November 1, 2013

I think it was Great to se US government after to enter the security control (sorry but this is a need because some not agree our free world and will make attack to our free world ) we see a film about US government and after that we get a great round trip