“BGR=read your own ads”

Ranked #424 of 3,337 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Dupont Circle
Description: Voted "Best Burger Restaurant in DC" by Business Insider. Voted "Best Burger Restaurant in DC" by Washingtonian Magazine. Voted "Best Burger Patty" by Washington Post. BGR The Burger Joint is helping lead the better burger market with a menu designed around our commitment to using only the highest quality ingredients. BGR's menu is designed around an exclusive blend of Prime, Dry-aged burgers, grilled over an open flame. Menu offerings include burgers, veggie burger, grilled chicken, turkey burger, lamb burger, ahi tuna burger, hot dog, kids meals, regular fries, sweet potato fries, onion rings, asparagus, handspun shakes, side salads, lettuce wraps, salad bowls and beer/wine and other seasonal specialties. Gluten Free options include: regular fries, sweet potato fries, side salad, salad bowl (any burger on a salad), lettuce wrap, asparagus.
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I make it a point wherever I travel to check out the hamburger joints and so I visited the bgr store at tysons corner(the trip advisor has not caught up with it yet).I was enticed by the picture of the girl eating a large burger.I was in for a disappointment.The hamburger was large,almost too large,but he picture of the cheese falling over its edges was not true.In reality when I lifted the bun tosee if there were any cheese I found 2 pieces in the center of the burger nowhere near the edge of the meat. They allow you to choose the degree of donness (rare,medium,weel done etc).The fries I found bland and the shake was a glorified wendy's shake.Tysons has two other burger joints,Elevation,and Five Guys and both are superior to the Big Burger.

Reviewed January 10, 2013

This is probably one of my favorite burger places because of the vegan burger. I think it's made with black beans and it's really good. I also like the sweet potato fries. The prices are a bit high given that my vegan burger alone was over $8 and fries $4. I wish they would offer a small portion of fries. I often come here when I've purchased an online deal. The place is small and grabbing a table might be impossible on busy days. BGR is also known for their shakes but unfortunately I haven't tried one yet.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Great staff. Had a lamb burger with parm fries. Simple, priced high as most DC joints. Order at the counter and they buzz you when food is ready. Fountain drinks.

Reviewed December 30, 2012

The food was priced higher than advertised on their website. This was misleading which I did not like

Reviewed December 21, 2012

We discovered it by accident when strolling through the area around Dupont Circle in DC. Small establishment with a great menu offering more than just burgers. These buns with meat though are succulent and delicious, tasty variety of fries and even a good beer on tap. Worthwhile to stop for a quick lunch or a bite in-between.