“A five star experience”
Review of Bistro Cacao

Bistro Cacao
Reserve with OpenTable
Bistro Cacao is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #75 of 3,229 Restaurants in Washington DC
Transit: Union Station red line three blocks away
springfield, mo
“A five star experience”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The food and service were absolutely outstanding! I had the salmon which was cooked perfectly and delicious. The salad was wonderful and we had a shrimp appetizer that was one of the best I've ever had. This restaurant is truly unique and wonderful. I highly recommend it, and I will definitely be back. Make a reservation to be sure to get in. You don't want to miss it.

• Visited March 2013

Northern Virginia
“Great Place on Capitol Hill”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My partner and I had lunch recently with a pair of clients. The first impression - the outside entry - is relatively unremarkable. It looks like all the other converted row houses in the area, many of which are also restaurants. Once you step inside, it has the look of an old bordello, with lots of red decor and fringed everything. A little reminiscent of Bern's in Tampa.

Food was excellent, and prices reasonable. After paying $30/bottle for sparkling water in NYC, it was refreshing (and shocking) to get 2 bottles for under $10. Lunch entrees were around $12 each, which for the quality of the food, is equally shocking. Entree salads are quite large - while I finished the steak on it, I left some of the salad, only because I was full.

Easy to walk to from Union Station if you take the Metro red line. 3 blocks east on Massachusetts. Go there. It's worth the visit.

• Visited April 2013
“Refined elegance on Capitol Hill”
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

After two nights in Washington trying to find somewhere to eat and only finding long queues on 7th St we consulted Tripadvisor and booked Bistro Cacao because it was close to our hotel on Capitol Hill. We were quickly shown to a secluded table between red curtains bad promptly served with a very nice bottle of French semillon Sauvignon Blanc which wasn't too overpriced. My husband ordered the hangar steak with caramellised onions and fries and I had the chicken stuffed with goats cheese and sundried tomatoes. Both meals were tasty and well presented, the steak being perfectly cooked and tender. We shared a banana tart for dessert and it was a delicious conclusion to a relaxing evening. Our French waiter was attentive and friendly without being intrusive and we happily paid out the $100 or so it cost for the dinners with dessert, wine, beer and lattes.

• Visited April 2013
Washington, D.C.
“My steak was perfect!”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

A good friend wanted to treat me to a good (expensive) meal for my birthday. After having trouble getting reservations at my first two choices, I landed on Bistro Cacao and made a reservation through Open Table (where I made a note that it was my birthday). So...it was nice being wished happy birthday by every employee who came to the table. I had hoped to have the chef's tasting menu but I was told he was taking care of a private party. So I tried to make my own. I had the pan seared scallops (they seemed a little bit under to me but the salad was tasty), the steamed mussels in dijon mustard sauce (the mustard sauce was very assertive), the filet mignon (as I mentioned, that steak was perfect but the sides were lukewarm), the banana basket (underwhelming), and a kir royal (a birthday gift from the waiter). I give the food four stars easily.

The decor seems kind of old and faded. I had a booth enclosed by red curtains. That was kind of nice but I could hear EVERY word of conversation from the next table. I thought the flatware was a little lightweight for an upscale restaurant. And the service got slower as the restaurant filled. But overall, it was a delicious meal.

• Visited March 2013
Annapolis, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Pure Gem!”
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Occasionally you stumble upon a great restaurant and today we did just that at Bistro Cacao. There was no better place to have Easter brunch than at Bistro Cacao. Every item in the pastry basket melts in your mouth, especially the croissant with Nutella spread. My main dish was the cinnamon french toast with chicken sausage. The french toast was laced with just the right amount of cinnamon and it was surprisingly light (in texture only, not so much in the calorie department). The atmosphere was fantastic and almost gave you the feeling that you were in Europe. We will definitely be back to try out their great looking happy hour.