“Great Bar”

Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast
Neighborhood: Logan Circle/ Shaw
Reviewed April 21, 2014

The upstairs bar is long and has plenty of seats. Always a good looking crowd with a good buzz of sound. The beer selection is one of the best in town too!

Reviewed April 19, 2014

50 drafts, 500 bottles and 5 cask ales.
That's a lot of damn beer.

AMBIANCE
========
Located upstairs of Birch & Barley.
Super crowded on weekends.
Lots of BROS.

FOOD
=====
CRISPY CHICKEN & GRAIN SALAD - $10
Wheat berries, quinoa, millet, kale, pecorino, and almond tasted great with that crispy chicken.
RATING: 4/5

GRILLED CHEESE - $7
Parkerhouse loaf, Fontina cheese, truffle oil, and tomato soup dip were good. I wished it came with a bowl of tomato soup instead of a dip. I couldn't finish it and it tasted good the next day.
RATING: 3.5/5

BEVERAGE
=========
ALLAGASH WHITE - $6
I like this beer. Refreshing.
RATING: 4/5

I tasted a few beers with other people on the list.
Overall, if you love beer, you would love this place.

BARTENDERS
===========
Efficient, not necessarily friendly.

RECOMMEND for beer and gastropub food lovers.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

Tons of great beer choices. We grabbed one of the last open spots (6pm on a Friday was packed!) and our server had lots of suggestions for beers. I enjoyed trying quite a few small size beers! We also had a few appetizers, which were good but not excellent.

Reviewed April 10, 2014 via mobile

Massive range of great beer.
Bar staff who 100% know their stuff even if, like me, you're not a huge beer drinker, they will recommend something delish!
Food perfect, a great ,chilled bar, ideal for after work conviviality. My colleague went several times on our trip, being the real ale fiend he is.
Well worth a visit (or 3).

Reviewed April 9, 2014

What an awesome bar if you want to have a few drinks with friends. It's a little small which did mean we had to wait for seats to open up but totally worth it. The feel of the place is perfect and the bartenders were friendly. There's a huge selection of beer to choose from and they come in 2 sizes. There is also an assortment of wine and cocktails. The only reason I didn't give it an excellent review is because I wasn't too keen on the food menu. It is small and in my opinion some of the dishes are overpriced. The portions are a tad small on some of the dishes. I would definitely go again for a few drinks and appetizers.