“Best meal I every had was in France”
Review of Churchkey

Churchkey
Ranked #175 of 3,338 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast
Neighborhood: Logan Circle/ Shaw
Reviewed July 30, 2013

But it was very good and unique. The place was packed but there was still room for us. Even thou we were older then most of the crowd,they made us feel right at home. Husband loved the beer selection and I enjoyed the flat-bread pizza with goat cheese and figs even took a little home. thick grill cheese sandwich with a homemade tomato soup dip was very good.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

We went with a party of 7 at 5pm on a Saturday. The place was already crowded but we got seats together. There appeared to be a bit of a lull around 6 or 6:30, so maybe we hit the tail end of the early crowd. One warning, the AC is not up to the task on a really hot DC summer day - be warned.
The beer selection is excellent. I made a point of reviewing the beer list online before going so that I wouldn't be completely overwhelmed. Something like 500 bottles, 50 taps and 5 casks. That's a lot of beer! They offer 4oz pours of the draught selections, so you can try a lot of beer without overdoing it. Our waiter was very nice and knowledgeable and was able to make several recommendations.
Everyone enjoyed the appetizers they had, and other than the AC issues we all enjoyed the atmosphere. Will definitely return.

Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

We stopped in for a beer. The bartender was personable and friendly. The beer menu was detailed. Great selection.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

This is a very nice beer snob bar with upscale pub grub food. As with all of these type of places, it's overwhelming to have so many beer choices (more so for a "maintenance beer drinker" like myself).

Arrived right at opening for drinks with a business associate based in DC. His choice, was quite good, by the time we left (about 6:30 on a Thursday), it was packed and our bar stools were immediately poached.

One note, the mens bathroom is covered with vintage beer ads for classic American brands like Ballantine, Miller and Bud. None of which were available.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Churchkey is on 14th street upstairs from Birch and Barley, I had wanted to go there because I love trying microbrews and I heard Churchkey had amazing selection. It is absolutely true. I've never seen a selection like this anywhere. The beers are subdivided into categories including Crisp, Hop, Tart and Funky, Malt, and Roast. They serve not only draughts but also cask ales. The bartender made several excellent suggestions after I told him what I had been drinking recently. If you like trying several beers without overindulging then you can buy a 4 oz sample instead of a glass. I highly recommend Churchkey if you are a fan of microbrews.