“Yuck”

Royal Thai Cuisine and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Royal Thai Cuisine and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #774 of 3,295 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Thai
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Cross street: 5th St. NW
Transit: Gallery Place Chinatown Metro Station (Green, Red, Yellow) Judiciary Square Metro Station (Red) Archives Metro Station (Green, Yellow)
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Seriously tasted like trash, the worst Thai food my friend and I have ever had. I sent back my dish. I wish I would not have even wasted my time walking into this place.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

We just visited Washington DC in September 2012. This was our first time back in 2 decades. We had planned to go to Chinatown for lunch (as we did eons ago) and went out of our way to get there. When we arrived we were very disappointed. Chinatown is really no longer there. You'll find plenty of signs in Chinese but most of them are for non-Chinese businesses. The surviving Chinese restaurants looked touristy (and one was very dirty.) So when we found the Royal Thai restaurant we decided to give it a try. We were two families that eat Thai food often and we were really impressed with the diverse menu posted outside of the restaurant. . We ordered tons of food! 8 different appetizers, 1 soup, and 5 main dishes. Each dish was simply excellent. Also, the restaurant was clean, comfortable, and decorated beautifully. The food was amazing, the service was great, and the price was affordable. All in all an excellent place to eat !

Reviewed September 19, 2012

Friendly service, Pad Thai with shrimp was excellent. Shrimp plump and tasty. Friend had the soft shell crab and said they were delicious. He's from Seattle and loves his seafood! Its a small place and has a nice atmosphere.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

This place is recommended by people who have lived in Thailand. The food is good, the portions are large, and the desserts are various and yummy. Not just the mango sticky rice.

Reviewed May 1, 2012

The good thing about Royal Thai is that their portions are good and in no way you could leave hungry. I have tried many of their specialties like the Papaya salad with shrimps and the mussamun curry with marinated beef in coconut milk and they were good. On my last visit I went by the advice of the lovely waitress Honey who suggested I order to start the Tom Kha chicken soup with ginger followed by Pad thai noodles with pork. So good that I am going back and have the same thing again. I was disappointed by their coconut juice which came from a cheap can.

1  Thank gabykouchacji