“Average Thai restaurant...”
Review of Absolute Thai

Absolute Thai
Reserve with OpenTable
Absolute Thai is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #457 of 3,283 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Reviewed September 27, 2012

Average food and ambiance.Kind service.Neither too cheap nor too expensive.We stayed in Fairfield Inn Suites Downtown and the restaurant was very close from there.We ordered a soup, spring rolls , fried rice with chicken and noodles.The food could be hotter. Probably there are better Thai restaurants in Washington DC.

2  Thank margarida
There are newer reviews for Absolute Thai

Reviewed September 23, 2012

We definitely won't be returning to this restaurant any time soon.

We were in the DC area and deciding on getting Thai to go. Since this place was nearby and rated pretty highly, we decided to stop and order from there. Ended up ordering 4 entrees and some spring rolls.

My wife was pretty hungry on the drive home and ended up eating the spring rolls. I forgot to ask how many spring rolls come in an order because we only received 3 for one order. They weren't very tasty either. You needed the dip for it taste decent otherwise it was blan.

We didn't think much of it since sometimes good spring rolls are hard to come by. Got home and starting unpacking the food. WOW.. the portions are SUPER small. Even the rice that it comes with for each entree is very minimal ... think child-size portions. Maybe they give you more if you eat in, but for $10.50 per entree, I definitely was expecting more than this.

The entrees were also pretty dissapointing taste-wise. Mine was not that great and almost looked like they put some green food coloring in it to make it look like the name (green curry). My wife and I are pretty well versed on good Thai on how it is suppose to taste and look and this was a bit odd. Almost thought I had ordered some kind of pesto dish it was so green. Again, meal was ok... but not the greatest at all and small! My wife's dish wasn't that good either... she said it was edible, but that's about it.

I would pass on this place if you are looking for Thai. What's weird is with the prices they charge, their establishment should definitely look a whole lot nicer on the outside. I am not big on looks on the outside as long as the food is good, but in this case, I have to wonder.

1  Thank montgod
Reviewed September 23, 2012

This place is a total joke. The prices are too high for the small portions and lack luster food. Avoid!

1  Thank oneinamilliontia
Reviewed September 17, 2012

From the outside, this place looks like nothing but the food is just ABSOLUTELY terrific.
To me, the best thai restaurant in town. And they have a lot of healthy vegetarian dishes.

1  Thank DCalexandre
Reviewed September 5, 2012

We really enjoyed lunch at this Thai restaurant. Everyone really liked their meal. Service was attentive.