“Amazing Gelato”

Pitango Gelato
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Neighborhood: Logan Circle/ Shaw
Description: Pitango Gelato creates authentic gelato focusing on classic Italian flavors rather than novelties or trends. Made with grass-fed organic milk from a single-herd farm and fresh organic fruit and nuts, our products contain no flavorings, no colorings, nor artificial ingredients of any kind. We also our coffee very seriously. It is made with organic, single-estate beans roasted especially for us in small batches by a local boutique roaster. We use a traditional espresso machine that requires some fussing and banging but delivers a perfect shot every time. And we make our cappuccino with organic grass-fed milk, steamed for every individual order.
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I liked it here so much I went twice in less than 24 hours. The black tea gelato is so good. And paired with the Bosc pear gelato, it's even better. So light and refreshing. The hazelnut and the pistachio flavors were really good as well. The chocolate noir and the tangerine together were good. If you like espresso, I recommend the affagato. It's espresso over a scoop of gelato. I had mine with stracciatella. The service was great and I really really enjoyed the playlists they had going on, both times I was there.

1  Thank CarloM225
There are newer reviews for Pitango Gelato

Reviewed April 2, 2013

The flavors are so deep and rich - the texture is perfect and the sorbets were also exactly right. The staff was somewhere between dismissive and rude.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

This ice cream and sorbet was super yummy. the flavors offered are unusual, but with some standards too. We also ordered coffee drinks that were amazing.
there is a line, but it is worth it.!

It is a little more expensive than most too.,

Reviewed March 29, 2013

If you love gelato, you must visit that place. It is soooo tasty. The place is very clean, the ladies that work there are very nice and pleasant but gelato and sorbet are out of this world. Highly recommend it.

Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

I had pear flavored gelato. Not too bad, but my friend's choice of hazelnut was incredible! The service was a little cold, but we did go in 10 minutes before closing. Worth trying, for sure!