“Excellent meal”

Plume at the Jefferson Hotel
Reserve with OpenTable
Plume at the Jefferson Hotel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #222 of 3,238 Restaurants in Washington DC
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Dupont Circle
Cross street: M Street NW
Description: As the only Forbes Five Star rated restaurant in DC, Plume at The Jefferson, serves as a discreet and elegant backdrop to the artistry of our skilled culinary staff. Plume's classic dishes are inspired both by the gardens of Monticello and the refined palate of Thomas Jefferson. Dishes are expertly executed with lighter, contemporary finishing touches that appeal to today's enlightened palates. Accompanying Plume's innovative menu, the wine program features more than 1,300 labels with some dating back to 1720. Recipient of Wine Spectator's Best of Award of Excellence, we invite you to savor a bottle of the restaurant's more than 50 vintages, including some that Jefferson himself enjoyed in his time, as well as newer wines he might select were he alive today.
Toronto, Canada
“Excellent meal”
Reviewed October 3, 2013

And the espresso was the best I had outside Italy!
After a hearty Tomato soup and a delicate Ravioli: that coffee was the excellent wrap up to this gourmet lunch.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Nour E

Atlanta
“Anniversary Dinner to Remember”
Reviewed September 16, 2013

The service was impeccable, the food sublime. The atmosphere is old school elegant - yet warm. My first experience with 5 star dining - superb!!

Visited September 2013
Alexandria, Virginia, United States
“Exquisite!”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

A perfect place to celebrate with a few close girlfriends.
You cannot go wrong with anything you order -- we tried :) The 4 of us ordered something different, and we all had a bite of each others' food. Every single bite is amazing, meticulously crafted, and beautifully presented.
Not simply a fussy exercise in culinary showmanship - it is a filling meal, no doubt.
The sommelier was very knowledgeable (and who can blame him for steering us towards the bottles that amounted to house mortgage payments?). The waiter's one miss is his propensity to recommend everything -- not that helpful. Though everything WAS good, so he was kind-of right.
My favorite part... they had tiny little ottomans for our purses. Yes, special chairs for our bags.

• Visited September 2013
Lafayette, Indiana
“So Decadent!”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Plume is wonderful! The royal treatment starts with the arrival of a stool for you to rest your purse (or phone). We chose to do the prix fix meal for $89. As we arrived, we were given a basket of warm gougeres which are amazing cheese puff pastries made popular by Julia Child. Then they brought an amazing amuse bouche of vichyssoise. For my appetizer I ordered the sweet corn veloute which was excellent. One of my friends had the heirloom tomato appetizer which was incredible. For my main course I ordered the diver sea scallops with fava beans and morels which was absolutely amazing! We were then offered a pre-desert of a passionfruit sorbet that was resting on top of a coffee/chocolate cream...lovely. For my full desert I ordered the chocolate tart which was a mistake because it has the same passionfruit/chocolate flavors but nowhere near as well done as the pre-desert. My friends had ordered the lemon profiteroles with blueberries and this was one of the best desserts I have ever tasted. Then we were offered some petit fours which were overkill given how much we had eaten. Lastly, as we left, we were offered some chocolates in a pretty little bag. I enjoyed these a day later and they were amazing. I cannot wait to return to Plume!

Visited August 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Fine Dining”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I had the Stuffed Artichoke Gratin! Delicious! Dining area was delightful. Was wishing I had my husband to share in my moment.

Visited June 2013