“Fine Dining”

Plume at the Jefferson Hotel
Reserve with OpenTable
Plume at the Jefferson Hotel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #185 of 3,199 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: French, American
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Parking Available, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Dupont Circle
Cross street: M Street NW
Description: As the only Forbes Five Star rated restaurant in DC, Plume at The Jefferson, serves as a discreet and elegant backdrop to the artistry of our skilled culinary staff. Plume's classic dishes are inspired both by the gardens of Monticello and the refined palate of Thomas Jefferson. Dishes are expertly executed with lighter, contemporary finishing touches that appeal to today's enlightened palates. Accompanying Plume's innovative menu, the wine program features more than 1,300 labels with some dating back to 1720. Recipient of Wine Spectator's Best of Award of Excellence, we invite you to savor a bottle of the restaurant's more than 50 vintages, including some that Jefferson himself enjoyed in his time, as well as newer wines he might select were he alive today.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Fine Dining”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

I had the Stuffed Artichoke Gratin! Delicious! Dining area was delightful. Was wishing I had my husband to share in my moment.

Visited June 2013

“Over-priced”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I had dinner here. My meal was good, but my wife's was not. In fact, she was very disappointed; her main course was tepid - it lacked flavour and heat. The price for dinner was also excessive, not good value for money.
The one aspect I will give them full credit for is that seeing my wife's disappointment, they did not charge us for her meal, and did offer her another at no charge.

Visited July 2013
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
“The Plume Bar”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2013

Upon the recommendation of another bartender, I found the bar at Plume Restaurant in the Jeffferson Hotel. I was the only guest at this small bar and spent the next 3 hours talking to Ivan, the head bartender. Ivan is one of the best bartenders I have ever met. He is gracious, knowledgable, friendly, and offers top-notch service. The crab risotto was incredible. Ivan gave me an incredible education on madeiras, a Plume Bar speciality.

Next time, I look forward to eating in the restaurant proper and also staying as a hotel guest.

• Visited June 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“The Elegance of a European 3 Star”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

Located in the beautiful and historic Jefferson Hotel. This small but elegant restaurant is a very romantic setting. The lighting is soft and charming. You feel like you are in a restaurant in Europe. There is either a 3 or 5 course Pre fixe menu. You can also pare your selections with wine. We choose the 3 courses which was plenty of food. Our favorite appertizer was the Maryland blue crab risotto and for our main course the lobster thermidor. We were really too full to eat one of their very decadent desserts so we were able to get some berries and sorbet instead. The meal was great and the service there was impeccable. All this does not come cheap... but worth the price for a special occasion.

• Visited June 2013
Arlington, Virginia
“An enjoyable evening”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

Excellent ambiance with attentive but not intrusive services. Food preparation (we had the fixed price menu) varied from excellent to good making it a bit pricey in terms of value. Wine pairings were very good. Knowing we were celebrating an anniversary, the restaurant gave us complimentary glasses of a delicious dessert wine with our dessert, a very nice and unexpected touch.

Visited June 2013