“Outstanding food and service in a beautiful setting.”

Plume at the Jefferson Hotel
Reserve with OpenTable
Plume at the Jefferson Hotel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #210 of 3,229 Restaurants in Washington DC
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Dupont Circle
Cross street: M Street NW
Description: As the only Forbes Five Star rated restaurant in DC, Plume at The Jefferson, serves as a discreet and elegant backdrop to the artistry of our skilled culinary staff. Plume's classic dishes are inspired both by the gardens of Monticello and the refined palate of Thomas Jefferson. Dishes are expertly executed with lighter, contemporary finishing touches that appeal to today's enlightened palates. Accompanying Plume's innovative menu, the wine program features more than 1,300 labels with some dating back to 1720. Recipient of Wine Spectator's Best of Award of Excellence, we invite you to savor a bottle of the restaurant's more than 50 vintages, including some that Jefferson himself enjoyed in his time, as well as newer wines he might select were he alive today.
Seaford, Delaware
“Outstanding food and service in a beautiful setting.”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

The hotel's restaurant notably shows the details of a very high quality refurbishment that was done to the entire property. From a pleasant greeting at the front door until leaving the property the staff was excellent. I would rate the cuisine that our party of four dined upon as absolutely outstanding. The chef had enabled my tastebuds to enjoy unique tastes and textures that I had never before experienced. Attention to our party was very good throughout the meal. Everyone's meal was top notch for presentation and taste. The options of and selection assistance with the cheese cart were an incredible wrap up to a terriffic meal. For the more adventurous and less calorie conscious the desserts were works of art too! My only regret is that I will likely never remember all of the fine food that we tasted that evening!

Visited October 2012

Northern Ireland
“Food brilliant but experience lacking ..”
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Maybe my expectations of Plume were just too high but as nice as the meal was I wouldn't do it again. Maybe it's because I was staying there & had breakfast in the dining room that morning which made me so critical of the lighting, it was quite difficult to read the menu. Giving my handbag it's own little stool was a new experience but we literally had to wait ages before getting any water which detracted that nicety. We took the fixed price menu & it tells a tale that I can't remember much about it a month later when I could relate the full menus of other dining experiences on that trip.

Columbus, Ohio
“Amazing elegance”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Get ready for high end elegance and luxury when you eat here. The menu is prix fixe. Lots of courses and they were all extraordinary. End your meal with the lemon profiteroles! The delicacies are surrounded by lemon cotton candy. The service was impeccable.

Visited October 2012
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Fantastic experience”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We went to Plume for my husbands birthday while in DC for a wedding. I was looking for a place that stood out, and this was it. From the moment we arrived we felt like royalty - the gorgeous decor and small romantic dining room, the creative and delish meal (everything was cooked perfectly,) to the unexpected wine pairings (the sommelier is from the French Laundry!) The service was warm but unobtrusive and their attention to detail was excuisite. I love that Plume runs a little under the radar in comparison to some of the big name places. If everyone knew how wonderful it really is, we wouldn't never have been able to get reservations. I mean, I was searching to find something wrong, but I got nothing. I really can't rave enough.

Merrimack, New Hampshire
“missing attention to detail”
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I was really looking forward to the dining experience at Plume having done research on several travel and restaurant sites. And the dinner was to celebrate a family birthday, so we wanted something really nice.
We couldn't get a middle evening reservation, so we settled on 6:30PM. The dining room itself, was beautifully appointed. When we arrived, we were only the second table to be seated in the restaurant, and they sat us right next to the kitchen door--very noisy and lots of traffic. We wondered why we were seated there, and continued to wonder why we had to dine early as the time went by and the tables didn't start to fill up until after 8PM.
The service was professional, but robotic. We ordered the full tasting menu with upgraded wine accompaniment. They didn't take the time to really engage with us,and didn't take the time to explain or present the dishes in much detail. We're used to tasting menus at really fine restaurants where the wait staff are excited and knowledgeable about the food preparation. The sommelier was very knowledgeable, but quickly moved on as other tables started entering the dining room--we actually felt abandoned with only perfunctory wine service for later courses.
The food was well prepared, but not outstanding--not a "wow" gastronomic experience. Not one course where we would say OMG--that was the best thing ever.
Overall--we were greatly disappointed. The dining room was lovely, the food good but not memorable,and the service was lacking in passion and commitment.

1 Thank BMG60