“Great food and wine list”
Review of Bibiana

Bibiana
Reserve with OpenTable
Bibiana is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #470 of 3,283 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown / Chinatown
Cross street: 12th and H street
Transit: Metro Center is the closest metro stop, it is located at 12th and G street and our front door is one block away at the corner of 12th and H street.
Reviewed October 19, 2012

Has a seasonal Italian menu with a flair
Represents all areas of Italy in terms of wine and food choices
Service great
Nice atmosphere
A bit pricey

There are newer reviews for Bibiana

Reviewed October 15, 2012

Hosted a business dinner at Bibana, and was very pleased with both the food and service. Atmosphere is very comfortable, while also stylish and contemporary. The menu reflects both traditional and more modern intrepretations of Italian classics. The gnocchi with duck ragu and the black spaghetti with crab got high praise from our group of 10,as did the seafood special featuring sea bass and calamari. The waiter made excellent wine suggestions while not trying to over sell us. Desserts were also excellent. My zabaglione with fresh berries and concord grape/hibiscus sorbet was memorable. I will not hesitate to visit again next time I'm in DC.

Reviewed October 6, 2012

My family and I went here for my mom's birthday this saturday and it was fantastic. Their menu is what impressed me the most. The uniqueness of it, the styling, how it wasn’t all classic Italian foods, it was not a small menu like many others in the city, it was just great. I had the fried artichokes and Polpette (Veal/Pork meat ball) to start. The artichokes were skipable, however you must get the polpette, it was incredible, my favorite thing of the night. My mom had the Nero Di Seppia (spicy black spaghetti w/ crab). It was unique and delicious, an excellent choice for pasta. I had the Cavatelli (wheat cavatelli w/ coffee-fennel sausage). The pasta was very unique and the sausage was amazing. We had a few desserts as well and everyone loved everything that was put in front of them.

The only negative comment is that it was my mom’s birthday and they knew that when we called and when we arrived. Would have been nice if they acknowledged it during dinner. Maybe if the manager or chef just simply came over and said happy birthday would have been wonderful. But it looked busy; I noticed managers were assisting with tables. I’m a front desk manager at a hotel in DC so I know the hospitality world is hectic. But overall a wonderful experience and comes HIGHLY recommended.

Reviewed September 21, 2012

My wife and I recently celebrated our 25th anniversary at Bibiana, and the experience was fabulous. I was initially drawn to the restaurant by it's menu and had several dishes in mind, but we elected to let the chef prepare our meal. While several of the items we ate came from the menu (the rich mozzarella and delicious black spaghetti w/ crab), there were some wonderful surprise courses as well. On a busy Saturday night, the chef came to our table several times to describe the courses and ask for our preferences; his attention was sincere. The Wine Director is passionate about his cellar, and paired our meal with an exquisite red that was truly a splurge for us, but was so good that I had absolutely no regrets. I am sure he would have been every bit as thoughtful in his selection, regardless of our budget. The staff was personable, professional, attentive with a perfect sense of timing, and knowledgable. As I said, this meal was a real splurge for us, but marked a quarter century of a marriage filled with many wonderful memories. Not only did the restaurant respond to the occasion, their generosity exceeded our expectations in almost every way possible.

We look forward to returning soon, this time flying a little closer to the ground. But, I have no doubt that the experience will be a great one. Thank you, Bibiana!

Reviewed September 6, 2012

The menu is limited to what the chef has designed and knows how to cook. Many sophisticated pastas, typically one or two seafood dishes, and some amazing appetizers such as squash blossoms, that are on few other menus in Washington, D.C.

The restaurant is also really quiet, a grace in a city where so many restaurants measure their success by the noise they pipe in to keep the tables turning.

Service is quietly attentive.