“Exceptional steak dinner ... with some small caveats”
Review of Bourbon Steak

Bourbon Steak
Ranked #110 of 3,876 Restaurants in Washington DC
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed June 7, 2017

In a town known for extraordinary steak houses, Bourbon Steaks has tough competition. It did not disappoint us against that standard. We ate there over the weekend while in DC visiting relatives. It is embedded inside the Four Seasons Hotel on the east end of Georgetown (so it is a taxi ride from most other hotel locations.) Its menu matches what you would expect at high end steak houses ... a fine selection of bone-in and boneless prime steaks. I had the Wagyu ribeye medium rare, and it was exceptional as one would expect. Their wine list is enormous (almost overwhelming) but VERY expensive for nearly every selection. A full course dinner including drinks, wine, dessert and tip for five people will easily run into four figures. The service was terrific. The only caveat I would offer is ambiance. Being embedded in a hotel, we were seated near the hotel lobby which was quite noisy because of weddings. We asked to be moved to a quieter open table near the window and away from the entrance, but we were only re-seated to a bench-style seating that looked far more casual than the main section of the restaurant. The dinner was great, but for that price and competition-for-fine-steak-restaurants in DC, especially in a Four Seasons, I think that they could upgrade and sound-proof the dining room a bit. For paying top dollar for a five-person party, I wasn't thrilled to be re-seated into what-was-obviously the more casual section of the restaurant (I sat on a "hump" on a bench). We will still return for another meal there.

Date of visit: June 2017

Reviewed May 29, 2017 via mobile

Great service. Great steak, one of the best we have had at a restaurant. Would not hesitate to go again. Dealt with my wife allergy to garlic with no problem

Date of visit: October 2016
Reviewed May 28, 2017

What can't I say about this place? From the second we sat down we were greeted with a Happy Anniversary note. The service was as top notch as the food! The recommendations given to us by our waiter were great. I am glad it was a little chilly outside because the Lobster Pot Pie was absolutely worth the calories and is now going to be my official January birthday meal!! We were initially going to get a dessert but a few diplomates came in so by the time we were ready to order too much time passed by and we had to get home to relieve our sitter. The server who stepped in, Tado (I think that was his name) brought out complimentary Oreo ice cream bars and the key lime pie my husband wanted to try. Again, the service here was awesome! Thank you for an amazing anniversary and dining experience.

Reviewed May 27, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I recently dined at the Bourbon Steak restaurant located in the Four Seasons Hotel.

This was a place we wanted to try and are happy we did!

We started the meal with a complementary appetizer of fresh cut fries with a variety of sauces. This seemed a bit odd to me but was really delicious!

The fresh made bread is really amazing! I have always believed you got a good idea of how good the food would be by how good the bread was. This was no exception!

We both had the fillet of beef. We had sides of asparagus and twice baked potatoes. All items were well prepared and were delicious.

We had a "wine by the glass" which always makes me a little nervous. You never know what you are going to get! This was again the exception - the wine was also excellent.

The atmosphere and service are very nice. We will certainly dine here again!

Reviewed May 21, 2017

Incredible food and service. One of our favorite places to eat. The added lobster was incredible and the smoked sores desert to die for. Atmosphere I credible.