All reviews washing up liquid foggy bottom would stay again living room location is great stayed here white house washer apartment ac subway tv shower block
Selected filters
Reviewed December 8, 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for 7 nights and was so happy we did. The subway links and restaurants close by are brilliant. Its a very comfortable flat with an amazing bed its massive. The kitchen dinning room is very comfortable. We were on the top floor and had a very good city view. The only small issues we found were the carpet looked like it needed a much better hoover when we arrived saw bits left by previous guests also the shower is poor. The pressure and temperature isn't the best but by no means is it awful. It just doesn't match the rest of the very good quality of the flat. Would recommend most highly to anyone. Washington is a fantastic city so much to see and do.

Date of stay: November 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 12, 2018

We booked a two bedroom room for a 4 night stay. The dining and living areas are nice and spacious, TV in each bedroom and the living room, washer, dryer and dishwasher. So all up a nice room with a spacious layout.

We had a street level apartment and apart from the noise due to being close to a hospital it was a good stay. The location is walking distance to many things, 20 minutes to the White House or Lincoln Memorial, a few restaurants and shopping options are nearby. The underground railway station is a short walk away and there is a 7/11 about 100 metres away.

If you plan on eating fast food there are a lot of options, however some are with the nearby university so be wary as we walked into some areas we were not allowed to be in trying to find a particular restaurant.

Overall a pleasant stay and would stay again, just maybe in a higher more peaceful room.

• Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed November 12, 2018

My wife and I spent 4 nights at a Stay Alfred Apartment in Varsity on K in Foggy Bottom in Washington DC. The one-bedroom apartment was large, clean and very well equipped. The full kitchen and washer/dryer in the apartment made it particularly well suited for a longer stay in DC. The location in Foggy Bottom was also excellent. Varsity on K is extremely close to the Circulator bus route which can economically take you wherever you want to get to in DC, without using the subway. The apartment is also very close to the Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts and we walked to a couple of night-time concerts there during our stay. The area felt very safe. The Stay Alfred group was easy to deal with and provided excellent and timely check-in instructions using a door code for entry. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay in DC and loved the apartment in Foggy Bottom. Highly recommended.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 16, 2018

Superb quality apartment in a very pleasant area. All corridors were pristine as was our apartment. We had a kitchen/diner and lounge, a spacious bedroom with king bed and lovely bathroom. All the facilities were first class with even washing up liquid and washer tablets provided. We even had access to a community lounge and the well equipped gym. The block is only five minutes from Foggy Bottom subway so easy to get everywhere.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 16, 2018

To start, it's probably important to know that I am an American living abroad, and I stayed here while attending a conference in Washington DC. I am so glad that I made the choice. This is not a "hotel" at all, but a flat in an apartment building. This was perfect for me because I loved being able to come home after a busy day and do my laundry, and cook a simple a meal in the full sized kitchen... which I ate on the couch watching TV with a package that included Netflix. It was absolutely wonderful to enjoy American living for a little while!

The king sized bed was fantastic, and the linens really good. Location is great -- Metro around the corner, Trader Joes and Wholefoods nearby, and 20 minutes to walk to the White House.

There are a few things that could be improved -- access to the building didn't work, but I was able to get someone to let me in. The water pressure was not great. I had to buy coffee filters (it would be great if you could add on a small kitchen package with some basics). TV in the bedroom wasn't properly hooked up to cable. AC was noisy. BUT, please note that I own all of these problems because I did not take the time call.

Some people might struggle because there is no front desk to ask for help. There is a number that you can call 24hrs a day for help. I know my way around DC, so this was no problem for me. Also, their is no daily cleaning service, but I don't care too much about that.

I did have to email them for a receipt, and I got a response in less that 24 hours. Overall, I am extremely pleased and I would be happy to stay here anytime.

• Trip type: Traveled on business