W Washington D.C.
The Watergate
$172
$162
  • Pool
Capitol Hill Hotel(Washington DC)
$299
$239
  • Breakfast included
Washington Court Hotel(Washington DC)
$402
$242
Agoda.com
$286
$265
Official Website
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Washington - Capitol(Washington DC)(Great Value!)
$221
Travelocity
  • Pool
Fairmont Washington, D.C. Georgetown(Washington DC)
$227
Hotelpower.com
2,414 results
All reviewsrooftop bartreasury buildingbliss spawhite housepov barbliss productsfrosted glassamazing locationrooms are smallliving roomnational mallsmithsonian museumsfew blocksmarlonlobbyspghip
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 17, 2009

This is a great hotel to go to off season. They offer great rates. Keep in mind, this is more of a business hotel so tourists like me often received strange looks from guests in business suits. I actually felt self consious in the lobby especially when we helped ourselves to that really refreshing strawberry flavored water they offer. It was weird being the only ones walking out of the lobby not wearing a suit. The rooms were awesome, large, amazingly comfortable bed and, oh yes, the complimentary bath robe. Just forget about sleeping on Friday and Saturday night when the club on the terrace gets going. Best to join the party yourself. The pool was very small and the attendant was really nasty, especially around closing time.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2009

We stayed 3 days at the W. During that time never did I feel like a customer, I will never stay here again. I have stayed at hundreds of hotels in my career, this is by far the worst experience, If you would like more details, let me know.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed September 12, 2009

Overall the service was very good from all the staff. I agree with most of the comments made about the roof top terrace. No problem getting up there at 6pm on a Friday night but numerous tables had reserved tables. We talked to a doorman and he led us to a table and told us to sit there until it was needed. As soon as we sat down a hostess came over and led us into the POV to sit at a table and said the views would be fine. Well, the view is not the same since it is in a different direction. We went back into the bar area about 15 minutes later and still numerous tables empty. If you want to go up and see the views go ahead but take the bar business elsewhere ($11 for a basic cocktail and $15 for upscale compared to $7 at some top restaurants a few blocks away).
Location is pretty good and the rooms are small but you don't spend a lot of time in your room in D.C. We were treated very well from the front desk staff and received a phone call shortly after getting to the room to make sure everything was okay. This used to be common place in top notch hotels but I have found this to go away in the last few years. I can't speak to the pricing that much since mine was a comp from an SPG reward.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2009

We took our kids to DC this summer for our family vacation and our local friend recommended the new W for it's unbelievable location and it's amazing terrace bar. The views from the terrace bar of the White House and Arlington Cemetery were incredible. We were treated like royalty from the minute we pulled up to the front door. The staff was sooo accommodating. Our first rooms were well appointed, well priced and a little snug. When we came back from our first trip to one of the museums, I asked the front desk a question about our room. It took a little while for him to get the answer, so he apologized profusely and upgraded our family to a suite. Des made our family trip off the charts cool and comfortable with that upgrade! I must also say I feel like I made a friend for life with our concierge Jon. We loved this hotel and it's location and truly believe that the W means what it says when they say "Whatever, Whenever, what is your wish."

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed September 8, 2009

Stayed here for 1 night. The customer service was top notch. Everyone was attentive from the doorman, the bellhop, the valet. Room was very nicely decorated. As noted by others, yes the rooms are a bit snug. But that wasn't a problem at all. We did notice the bathroom was quite interesting. The room we were put in had a 2 double beds, which we didn't mind. However, when you look at the layout of the room --- not sure if all the rooms are like this one, but the bathroom and the shower stall is part of the room. Don't get me wrong, the bathroom was awesome, very nice, shower was GREAT. However, there's no wall that seperates the bathroom from the main room, but a glazed glass wall. In essence it's the shower that buffers the bathroom from the main room. In case you're wondering -- yes you can see the silhouette of the person showering, no you can't make out the details, but yes... if one stairs closely enough, they could start to imagine. Funny, the person before placed the chair in the room in front of that glass wall, in the place where the person would normally be standing showering. Also to note, the bathroom door -- it was a suspended sliding door, and yes there is a considerable gap, and yes you could see thru to see the person on the toilet. All in all again I must emphasize the bathroom is amazing and quite spacious. They did a great job using the space efficiently. Surprisingly it should also be noted the rooms were quite, I could not hear the party upstairs or the people in the rooms around us.

The only problem we had was when we tried dialing the concierge, front desk for some room service on a Saturday night -- shockingly nobody picked up. We called 3 times within a span of 5 min and nobody picked up. It was Saturday night and there were long lines in the lobby to go up to the roof top. We assumed they were busy with that. But the other time we called (during a non-rooftop terrace busy time), they picked up right away and came within minutes.

Overall this is a very nice hotel. Expensive, but then you'd expect it to be this nice. Overall they did a nice job on redecorating the rooms. If you can get past the lack of top notch service when it's party time on the rooftop and you can deal with how the bathroom is designed, this is an experience to be had.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends