“Great service, good hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of W Washington DC

W Washington DC
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   515 15th Street NW, Washington DC, DC 20004 (Downtown / Chinatown)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #55 of 140 Hotels in Washington DC
“Great service, good hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Stayed at the W for a quick business trip. Nice hotel with a boutique-y feel, good location in NW DC and a great hotel bar. Customer service at the hotel was great. Asked for a room with a better view (premium Starwoods member) and the staff was very accomodating and moved me to a different room (sent service to help me move with my bags and didn't have to return downstairs to the front desk). Also realized that I forgot some toiletries and staff was quickly sent to provide some available items. Room itself was modernly furnished and clean. I would return!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
WHotelDC, Manager at W Washington DC, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Hello StevenC12345,

Thank you for your review. We love giving our signature Whatever/Whenever Service to make your stay special and unique. We do love our SPG Members and would like to thank you for your dedication to Starwood Hotels & Resorts. We look forward to welcoming you back soon on your next escape and please let us know if you need anything.

Best Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (470)
  • Korean first
Oakland CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

While I will agree with the reviewer who said the halls are dark (ours was very dark), the rooms were light and airy and very comfortable. Every one of the staff we dealt with from bellhops, to doormen, to front counter and concierge gave us excellent service. We didn't have any room service, so I can't speak to that. The location was fabulous! We weren't in town all that long, but the proximity to the White House made it fun because we were able to "drop by" there several times. We could walk to all the monuments and even to the Capitol. I had one wrong charge on my bill and it was taken care of quickly.

I made sure ahead of time that we were nowhere near the disco and we had no noise troubles at all. They accommodated all of my requests.

Room Tip: Ask for a lower floor to avoid the noise of the disco.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank GinOaklandCA
Hello GinOaklandCA,

Thank you for your review. We are so happy you were able to enjoy our location with only a short walk to many major landmarks. We take pride in the service we provide our guests and will be sending your review to our General Manager to share with our Hotel staff. We hope to welcome you back soon and please let us know Whatever/Whenever you may need.

Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

Stayed here for 4 nights at the end of July. The hotel is perfectly located for all of the tourist activities (right across the road from the White House, around the corner from one of the main open bus tours pick up points, and walking distance to the majority of museums). We also felt very safe walking around in this area early morning and late night.
The hotel's reception area is quite impressive and the service is very friendly. We thought it might be very posh and a bit pretentious, but we didn't feel this when we were there. There are a mix of tourists and business people roaming around.
The room itself is average - great facilities (gown, toiletries), very comfy beds, good shower - the reason I say average rather than great is because the room was slightly run down and not as clean as I'd have expected given the price of a room. We were out most of the time so this didn't affect us.
We didn't eat at the hotel but we went to the rooftop bar and the view is incredible!
I would recommend any tourists to stay here primarily based on the location.

Room Tip: We were floor 3 opposite the treasury. Lovely view but we were woken up by traffic fairly frequentl...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Hello MirandaBannerman,

Thank you for your review. We do have the perfect location with only a few steps to The White House and a short walk to many major landmarks. We are so glad you were able to enjoy the panoramic views from our rooftop terrace. Please let us know when you plan your next escape and Whatever/Whenever you may need.

Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I guess I am too old (50) to appreciate the trendy chic indifferent approach to customer service. Hallways are dark and dingy, breakfast room service trays sit out all day in hallways, agreeing to "Green Service" means No Service, Lobby and Rooftop lounges are EXTREMELY LOUD.

Room Tip: Lobby and Rooftop lounges are VERY LOUD, SO BE CAREFUL!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank GatorDavid
Hello GatorDavid,

Thank you for your feedback. We would like to apologize for the experience you had during your stay. We take pride in the service we provide our guests and will be sending your feedback to our General Manager to address. We hope you will consider our hotel on your next escape to Washington DC and please let us know when you make any future plans, wdcsocial@whotels.com.

Bergen County, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I have stayed at the W Washington, DC many times and each stay I'm reminded why it's my number one hotel whenever I stay in Washington, DC.
* Amazing customer service. They really do go out of there way to take care of you.
* Great location. Across the street from U.S. Treasury Dept. and The White House. Just a few blocks walk to the National Mall. Taxis are easy to get if you need to go further out.
* The Rooftop lounge is the most partying and happening place in Washington, DC. Even on weeknights, it's a fun and festive place with a great view of Washington Monument and other DC landmarks.

This hotel is everything you expect in the standard of modern, hip, and contemporary looking hotel. The W Washington will make you not feel like leaving. I I give it five stars!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank CW-Bergen
Hello CW-Bergen,

Thank you for your review and recommendation. We are so glad you have made our hotel your home away from home when visiting Washington DC. We will be sharing your review with our General Manager to celebrate with our hotel staff. We hope to welcome you “home” very soon and please let us know Whatever/Whenever you may need.

Cuneo, Italy
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

W Washington is a really nice property.
Great location next to the White House
Friendly staff.
I got upgraded to a suite, amazing.
W Lounge in on the roof, so you will not get disturbed
Whatever-Whenever staff was so kind and helpful.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank acirrincione76
Hello acirrincione76,

Thank you for your review. We are so glad you stayed with us on your recent trip to Washington DC. We love giving our signature Whatever/Whenever service to make your stay special and unique. We hope to welcome you back on your next escape.

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

So I traditionally only stay in Starwood properties since I know what I'm going to get once I arrive.
This trip to DC had me staying up the street from my last stay (4 Points) @ the W.

I love the style and feel the W and of course the view is worth the price of admission.

Special thanks to Clare - Front Desk Services who went above and beyond to ensure my stay was great. She greeted me with a smile and always asked how my day was and what could she do to make it better! Class Employee!

Also thanks to Nomar - on the rooftop lounge who made sure their award winning breakfast buffet met my expectations.

When traveling ask for a room with a view overlooking Treasury. Well worth the price.

Only negative was the rooftop drink prices can get pricey but hey it's the W and that's to be expected.

I'll be back in a few weeks and looking forward to another stellar trip!

This W gets 4/5 stars!

• Stayed August 2013
Hello Reggie C,

Thank you for your review and recommendation. We will be sharing your review and shout-outs to Clare and Nomar with our General Manager to celebrate with our staff. We greatly appreciate you as a dedicated Starwood guest. We hope to be able to welcome you back soon and please let us know Whatever/Whenever you may need.